Chapter 6- Moving up

It's better to move up
Than stay put
Before others take you down- Author

Jasper and I walked towards the cafeteria together as he told me some jokes which cracked me up or cringe at them. Our hands were holding along the way as we made our way inside. Chattering took over the cafeteria room and soon died down as their looks went into ours. As I was about to let Jasper's hand go when he held it tight causing for me to look at him. He looks down at me smiling shaking his head.

"Don't let their looks judge you. The only person that should be judging you is yourself., darling." He tells me in a whisper which caused me to blush slightly, but I kept it from showing. I nodded my head as we made our way towards the Cullen's table to see Alice smile happily towards us. Emmett and Rosalie gave a happy smile on our way except for Edward who seemed...angry? And something else before looking away. Bella gave us a smile as we sat down.

"So, do I have to ask where you to went? Or...keep it to ourselves?" Alice wiggles her eyebrows at me making me cover my face with my free hands while Jasper chuckled.

"Trust me, we didn't do anything inappropriate at the school library." Jasper assures her as Alice smirked more winking at Jasper.

"Are you sure about that?" She asked making me glare at her. She laughs shaking her head as Jasper smiles looking at me.

"You know, you two are still holding hands right?" Emmett points out causing for Rosalie to hit his head softly making him look at her with wide eyes.

"I'm just pointing it out! Not being rude or anything!" Emmett tells her making Rosalie shake her head at him.

"Let them be, they're cute together." Rosalie tells Emmett as I felt flustered, but I kept my poker face on.

"Someone's blushing." Alice cooed as I groaned at her facepalming making her, Jasper, Emmett and Rosalie laugh. I hit Jasper's arm causing for him to chuckle shaking his head at me.

"Alright, darling. I'll stop." He tells me.

"So, when is the wedding?" Bella asked jokingly making me groan louder this time as they laugh. Edward on the other hand stayed quiet staring at the table surface intently making Alice nudge him. He snaps out of his thought and looked up at Alice who raises her eyebrow at him.

"You know the table won't go anywhere." Alice jokes making Edward roll his eyes at him. Jasper looks at me smiling as I smiled slightly feeling a little safe, but I can't trust anyone to get them killed. I'm a curse and...I don't want anyone close to me that would only bring harm to them.

I tried to let Jasper's hand go, but his firm grip says otherwise. He placed our hands on the table causing Alice to smirk at the scene as Jasper chuckles.

"You two dating?" Rosalie asked jokingly and I shook my head at her. How can I possibly date someone who I just met? I thought to myself.

"They just met yesterday, Rosalie. Why in the world are they gonna start dating?" Edward asked a little annoyed as Rosalie gave him a look.

"Edward, you did the same to Bella if it weren't for her...thing." Rosalie glares at Bella who shifts uncomfortably on her seat and Edward rolls his eyes again.

"So, is there anyone else gonna stay with you?" Emmett asked as I looked at him only for Alice to glare at Emmett who raised his hand.

"No no, it's okay." I smiled at Alice who looks at me with concern.

"I don't know yet. My dad was never really connected much with his family and my mother...well she was adopted so she doesn't know anyone in her biological family." I explained.

"Where's your mom?" Bella asked making Rosalie snarl at Bella slightly kinda animal like. I looked at Rosalie with confusion before shaking my head probably imagining it.

"My mom...died from cancer last year." I whispered in a low tone as I felt a hand on my back making me look to see Jasper giving me a sad smile. Everyone else did the same as I shook my head and looked away.

"Please don't show me sympathy." I told them and they looked at each other before nodding their heads.

"Listen, Blake. We know that you might not like this, but if you need anything, we're here for you. We can help you." Alice tells me, but I shook my head.

"No no, it's fine. I don't wanna be a burden." I told them truthfully.

"Darling, you are never a burden to us. We want to help you. You can even live with us if you want, even though you just came here yesterday." Jasper smiles as I looked down to the table.

"I'm not special. I don't deserve this." I mumbled softly as I felt a cold hands wrapped around me as well as gasp from around cafeteria causing for me to look to see Rosalie giving me a hug.

"You are special to us. If you don't think you aren't, then we will show you how special you are. Yes, we might have met you yesterday and all, but we felt like you are part of our family now." Rosalie said smiling and I couldn't help, but smile back as I leaned against her causing for her to hold me tight.

"It's going to be okay, sweetie. We'll help you in anyway." Alice smiles as I nodded. Rosalie lets go of me before sitting back next to Emmett. I felt my hand being caressed gently as I looked at Jasper who gave me a smile. I glanced towards at Edward who was glaring at Jasper before looking away.

"Do you want to stay with us?" Jasper asked.

"What do you mean?" I questioned confused.

"What he meant is do you want to move in with us." Emmett clarifies as I shook my head no.

"No, I'll be fine at home. I can look for a job so I could work then-" I was cut off by Jasper.

"I'll stay with you then." He volunteers.

"Same." Edward quickly said making Bella look at him confused.

"Why are you staying with her?" Bella asked him, but Edward ignores her which is weird.

"Really, I'm okay." I told them reassuringly, but they shook their head.

"I'm gonna get followed home by them, huh?" I asked Alice who nods her head.

"Pretty much. They're pretty stubborn." She tells me making me groan as they laugh.

"It'll be fun." Jasper smiles as I shook my head.

"Fine, do whatever. Don't sleep in my room." I warned him and he raised his hand in surrender.

"You too, Edward." I looked at Edward who nods his head understandingly while Bella glares at Edward before huffing.