Visit From a Demon

It was a warm summer evening and Aziraphale had just closed up his shop for the evening as the summer sun had started to set and night time had started to arise. As the book-loving angle was about to go get ready for bed, he got an unexpected knock on the front door of the book shop,

"we're closed if you would like to purchase any books come back tomorrow morning.." Aziraphale said not wanting to deal with any more costumers trying to buy his precious books. Then a familiar voice came through the door, the voice of a person that he was not expecting to be here at this time without warning

"Angle let it's me... let me in.." the voice said, it was Crowley!, Aziraphals best and only friend.

Aziraphale opened the door letting the demon come inside his bookshop. He watched as the not so evil demon sat down on one of the two chairs that were in the study/reading area of the bookshop, he watched and examines the demon carefully before sitting down in the chair next to him.

"So... whats with the unexpected surprise..?" the angle said feeling as though there is something wrong with his friend.

"..nothing...." Crowley said looking like he doesn't want to talk about it at all but Aziraphale, of course, won't give up until he gets a real answer out of the demon.

"You sure?"

"Yes Angle, there is no reason for me coming here unexpectedly.."

"Ok just making sure..." and that was the last of the conversation because Aziraphale didn't want to make his friend even more upset than he already is. A few minutes of awkward silence went by and it was like that until Crowley finally broke the silence between them.

"..sorry Angle, I'm just a bit upset..." Crowley said looking down at the ground and was obviously trying to not make contact with the angle next to him. "What's wrong..?" the angle asks noticing the way, Crowley was acting which made him even more concerned.

"Well... if you really want to know.." Crowley said and took a deep before speaking again "I've had a crush on this one person for over 6000 years now, but there is a problem... he is way too oblivious to know and even if he wasn't oblivious and he did know, I don't think that he would feel the same way about me..." Crowley now had tears forming in his eyes from just saying that out loud.

Aziraphale took a deep breath to calm himself before speaking "you know Crowley, you won't know if he or she likes you unless you ask them, and if that person is too oblivious to know how you feel about them than don't just tell them that you like them, you have to also show them.." Aziraphale said that with a hint of jealousy in his voice but he tried to hide it so Crowley wouldn't notice.

Crowley looked at Aziraphale and then looked back down at the ground as he was about to speak "Well if your sure that it will work I guess I'll try it.." Crowley sighed after saying that because he wasn't sure how he was gonna go about it. Aziraphale, on the other hand, was a jealous mess but he was surprisingly good at hiding it.

Who is he talking about? Aziraphale said in his head so that Crowley couldn't hear, I want him to be with me and me only, but... I also want him to be happy.., Aziraphale thought again. The angle had been off in space for a long time now and it began to worry the demon sitting in the chair next to him.

"You ok Aziraphale..?" Crowley asked a bit concerned, "..Oh um... yes, Crowley, I'm perfectly fine...." Aziraphale said while looking up at the not so evil demon sitting next to him.

Crowley looked Aziraphale up and down with his snakish eyes and didn't see that there was anything wrong with Aziraphale so he just let it go and moved on "ok then, well... it's getting late, I have to go home and yell at my plants before bed, so I'll see you soon Angle.." Crowley said as he got out of his chair and started walking towards the front door of the book shop.

"Alright, I guess I'll see you soon, come by any time..." Aziraphale said as he got out of his chair and waved goodbye to his friend. Crowley just nodded his head and left the book shop and with that Crowley was gone. Aziraphale got ready for bed now that Crowley was gone and drifted off to dreamland, dreaming about Crowley loving him and no one else.