Tattoos & Loving Statues

________________

AUTHOR|MILLIE'S CAR

In Millie's vehicle, the friendly duo harmonized simultaneously to innumerable songs of varying cultures and languages. "Millie, I don't understand what they're saying. What does "areumdawo" mean?" He chuckled. "In Korean, it means beautiful. In this song, the boys are talking about a love that has ups and downs. 'Why do I keep falling in love?' and blah blah? I hate you, forgive me, I love you." Finn glanced at the smiling Millie and smiled her way.

"Why are you watching me like this? Is there something on my face? Do I look like a potato again?"

Finn's rupture of merriment indicated the sentimental aspect set by the two rebellious teens. "Why are you laughing at me? Seriously, do I look like a potato? It was a question, Finn!" Millie caterwauled. "Shut up and drive, Mills. We'll get into an accident because of your goofy dialect!" Finn teased. "Whatever, you monkey."

__________________

MILLIE

"Finn, why did you dare me to make this mess? My mother would kill me if she saw a tattoo on my bare body. Have you lost your mind?" I exclaimed. "No, I have not. I think you'd like it. We'll get matching tattoos. I know the one that my brother and his girlfriend went to when they were best friends." I glanced skeptically at my best friend of six years. "What's the problem?"

"Nothing. I think I'm ready. But first, let's go to a cafe. There are some stores at the mall I've desired items from, so we should go there. There are many things to do today, so Finnie, we should get started, mate." First, we went to this horrid tattoo shop as Finn fancied. An animated man was sitting at the desk, and he smiled at the view of my friend. "Hey, Finn! Does Nick know you're here, dude?"

Finn traded a glance with me. He snickered apprehensively, "Yeah. He said not to tell mom."

"Ha! You're a funny one, aren't you? And who is this little miss?" The older male asked. His smile appeared alluring. It's a forced seduction and I disliked people who watched me like an object of lust. "It's Millie. Can we make an appointment, or does something else need to happen?" Finn's hand gripped mine. I knew he was jealous, and a little skeptical.

"Sure, mate. Katie's in the back. I'm sure she'd love to see how much you've grown." Finn smiled at this man, "Thanks, Maverick." He took my hand and led me to the back room. "Katie? Are you back here?" My curly-haired friend called out in question.

"Who's calling-Finn, is that you? Have you finally come to get a tattoo?" This Katie person seemed cool, but too cool to be just 'cool.' "Sure. I brought my-"
"Girlfriend! I'm his girlfriend, Millie. It's nice to meet one of Finn's friends." I interrupted. His smirk held an indication of his acknowledgement. I was enjoying this "play pretend" moment we share.

"Yeah. Finn and I go way back, right, Finnie boy. This little one had a crush on me throughout his entire middle school life. His brother, Nick, would tease him about it all the time. I guess that's when you came into the picture. A little girl who caught the pretty boy's eye." Katie giggled. "Sure, Katlyn. We came to get tattoos done today and we'd like to show you what we plan to get." Finn takes my hand and pulls me into the isolated room of supplies.

--------
AUTHOR

Later that day, Finn drives Millie's car as she sleeps with her head on the headrest. He chuckles as her mouth flies open. "Jesus, I love you so much." Later on, he would find out just how much he loves his best friend.