Girlfriend PART TWO

I look at Craig.  His eyes look panicked. We're so busted.

“What the fuck are you guys doing? Your girlfriend is in the next room, Craig.”  Mark says in a hushed tone as he moves closer to us.  I remove my arms from Craig’s neck.  He takes a few steps away from me. 

“I…I don’t know…” Craig stumbles over his words.

“Get back in there.”  Mark orders Craig.  Craig does as he says and leaves the kitchen, without looking back at me.  I look down at my feet, knowing I’m about to get lectured.

“Don’t say anything, Mark.”  I tell him.

“What the hell was that, y/n?  I thought you didn’t like Craig. I shouldn’t walk into the kitchen and find you two making out.” Mark whispers.  I can tell he’s pissed, but he won’t yell.  He doesn’t want to risk anyone else hearing our conversation.

“I know, I know.  I’m sorry.”  I reply.  “I’m just gonna go.”

“You don’t have to leave, y/n.”  Mark says.

“I can’t be in the same room as them right now.”  I tell Mark. 

“So you like Craig now?”  Mark asks with a slight eye roll.

“I think I maybe I always have.”  I reply before exiting the kitchen.  I walk out of the house, but I don’t make it far.  I sit on the front doorstep thinking about what just happened with Craig.  I can’t believe I kissed him. 

“You’re still here?”  Craig asks as he walks out the front door.  I just nod.  He’s alone and sits down next to me.

“Shouldn’t you be inside with your…girlfriend?”  I ask Craig.  I cringe at the word girlfriend.

“Well, that depends.”  Craig replies.

“Depends on what?”  I ask.

“You, obviously.”  Craig tells me.  “Did you kiss me because you’re jealous?”

“No.  At first I was just jealous.  I’ll admit that.  I hated seeing you with her and I didn’t know why, but I can there’s something more than jealousy.”  I begin explaining to Craig.  He does his best to conceal the smirk on his face.

“I kinda love that you’re jealous.  It’s just I’ve liked you for so long and I was beginning to think you’d never like me.”  Craig says.  I nudge him playfully.

“I think I’ve always liked you, Craig.  It just took me awhile to realize that, but now you’re with Amy so it doesn't even matter.”  I tell him.

“Amy is a great girl, she really is, but I never should’ve asked her out.  I thought dating someone else would help me get over you.  That clearly didn’t work.  I still want to be with you.  Do you want to be with me?”  Craig asks me. 

“Yeah, I do.”  I reply nervously. 

“Ok then.  There’s something I’ve got to go do.”  Craig says as he kisses me quickly and then stands up.  “Are you really really really sure you like me?  This isn’t some sick joke, is it?”

“No, Craig.  I like you.”  I say with a laugh.  

“Good.  Ok I’ll be back soon.”  Craig says as he walks back into the house with a giant smile on his face.