Fine Line

After the incident with Michael, I hid from him. Venable and Meade assisted me and my injuries, watching over me, feeding me, just being my personal help. I tried to be more social and not seem like a princess with the special treatment. But my attempts to be friendly and social did me no justice. So I became a fly on the wall. I didn't really join in on conversations, I just listened or nodded my head. It was a good way to discover the dirt on each other. I also did not want to give Michael the opportunity to be alone with me again. I started to avoid him and it was obvious. I spent most of my day, or time because we don't know when it is day or night, with the other folk. Whenever Michael came to give a speech or some sort of update on the interviews or the sanctuary, I wouldn't look at him. I figured he took the hint since he didn't personally request to see me again, but I always felt his stares when we were in the same room. Now and then, we'd make eye contact, unintentionally though. Michael was always on my mind. I could only think of his words and the way he touched me, but I tried to ignore the thoughts as best as I could. Even with the awkward distance, Gallant ran his mouth.

Life was a bit more harder for me due to the tension driven from the rumors that had spread about Michael and I. Coco and I were civil for the most part; I figured she would be at the top of my enemy list. Turned out, my number one hater was actually Gallant, but I didn't understand why. Jealousy ate at him, but I didn't know where it was coming from. I heard from Coco to Mallory that Michael fucked him in a rubber suit. I was thrown off, but didn't believe it at all. Gallant gave me dirty looks, would mumble things here and there under his breath, start even more rumors which didn't go anywhere because everyone knew he was just starting shit to start shit. I bit my tongue, not finding any reason to feed into his immature games. I let him talk, especially because he was a pussy about it by never saying anything to my face. Eventually he did.

All of us sat around our living area, chatting away. Depending on the topic of the conversation, Gallant found any indirect comment to make about me even when I had nothing to do with whatever it was they spoke about. I ignored the usual round of verbal hate that came from him, but he really wanted to press at me this time. I noticed Gallant and Coco whispering to each other and eyeing me. They giggled to one another like children.

"Why don't you ever talk, Gia?" Coco asked with a sassy tone. I looked at her and shrugged.

"You hiding something?" Gallant added with a very unhappy look.

"Cats got your tongue?" Coco smirked. I didn't care to acknowledge Gallant in any way, so I locked my focus on Coco. I remained unamused and neutral.

"She probably lost her voice from sucking off Langdon." Gallant spat. Everyone else around us sat quietly, confused by how Gallant was being so crude this time around at me. I finally looked up at him, and man, the look on his face when I did. The bitterness turned into a fear. I let his ego swell for a few weeks until that moment. His confidence sank quicker than it grew. If I had known, I would've shot him my nasty glare the first time he opened his mouth.

"At least I know I can get some action." I said. Hate was all I saw in his eyes. "All those games and you now choose to truly pick a fight with me."

"Who's fighting?" Gallant asked.

"Keep talking and I will kick your balls up your throat." I didn't exaggerate. I didn't front. I didn't act or speak like a brat. I thought that I would feel my pent up burning rage, but I was stunningly calm. It felt like a dream. When I look back on it, it's more of an imagination than it was an actual thing that I had done.

"I'd like to see you try." Gallant leaned forward towards me from across the small coffee table that divided us. I leaned forward as well, not breaking eye contact with him.

"You think because you're a male that I can't and won't do anything?" I asked. He laughed at me. I firmly gripped my hand around his throat, digging my nails into his neck. His eyes were pierced with fear. I could hear everyone back up and shift around us in shock. "Gay or not, male or not, I will rip your vocal cords out with my bare fucking hands and shove it up your-"

Two large bangs from behind us stopped me from speaking any further.

"Gia, let go of him." Venable requested. I shoved Gallant out of my face, tumbling him back onto the couch. "Violence between you all will not be tolerated." I turned to Venable who had a pleased smile on her face.

"Gia." Michael called from above. All of us looked up at him. He was staring down at me with the same relaxed look. "A word." He said then turned and walked to his room.

I looked back at Gallant who refused to look at me. I looked around at everyone else who were confused and astonished with what had just happened. I turned back to Venable who wore her usual straight face. I saw her smile?

I started my way up the stairs to get this over with. I barged into Michael's room angry at first, but he scared the anger out of me when I saw him just standing in the center of his room with his hands held behind his back.

"Shit." I held my chest in shock. I shut the door closed and remained close to the door as I had done before.

"Come closer." He said. I obeyed and walked closer to him. "So why didn't you fight Gallant? I've heard all his rumors."

"I didn't see the point." I answered.

"And now?" He tilted his head.

"I was allowing Gallant to walk all over me. Everyone else at some point was going to think they could too." I didn't want to respond, but I didn't want to not say anything. "I got tired of his bullshit and he clearly wants you. He wants more of your kinky shit."

"Me?" He asked. I nodded.

"Apparently you fucked him in a rubber suit." I said. Michael smiled and laughed.

"I wouldn't fuck him even if he was the last man on earth, and he almost is." He said so slyly. "Its not that he's not physically attractive. Its his neediness."

"Good to know." This time I felt my anger rising. I was jealous. I embarrassed myself just thinking about how I was jealous. "So then who did?"

"Guess we'll have to find out." He walked to the back of the room then back to me. I thought to myself, he must really like having his hands behind his back; at least we'd know not to suspect something because that's just how he is.

"Good luck with that-"

"Gia, why don't you take a seat. How unkind of me to not have offered before. Let's chat." He motioned to his bed.

"Chat? About what?"

"You."

*****

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't updated that recently. Today is technically my last day of finals and my take home stats final was killing me. Everything has been messy just because of finals and the holidays and work. After tomorrow I will be relieved of the rest of this fall semester! Patience!

xo, G