Chapter 4

Mabel watched as her brother tossed around vigorously in his sleep. His quiet shouts had woken her up and she didn't want to be the one to wake him. She knew her brother was having another dream with Bill, she just wasn't sure what it was about. Thinking it was important to let him talk to him, she folded the foil low over her ears and tried to fall back asleep.

Dipper shot up from his bed.
"Ow.." He grumbled. The funny thing about that dream was that he didn't remember much. It was just a burn-out sort of thing. Almost as if it wasn't important enough to even remember.
"You're awake!" Mabel ran over to him and sat cross-legged at the foot of his bed.
"..Yeah?" He replied groggily. "It's just that you were moving around in your sleep last night. I didn't want you because you told me about how Bill was talking to you and I didn't want to interrupt. But now I want to know. Badly." She started at her twin dead in the eye.
"Well if I'm being honest, I don't remember." When she didn't respond, he understood that meant he needed to continue.
"I.. I know that it was a crazy dream. I just feel like he, made me forget it? I don't know. But my memory from the dream is just hazy. Like a bunch of different blurred sounds and noises. Like I was in a different dimension." He hushed his voice as if someone else was listening. His twin sister just stared at him, and it seemed like she didn't believe him.

"What!?" He shouted. "Nothing!" Mabel defended. "Are you sure tho?"
"Yes."
"Fine. I'm gonna go get breakfast. Come down when you're ready."

Issa time skip

There wasn't much to do in GF. Well, other than look into the strange and unusual. (AN. if yk yk and ofc you do be my friend)
"Hey Mabel, wanna go take the golf cart for a ride?"
Dipper pushed his sisters to book down so they were eye level. "..Sure? Anywhere, in particular, you wanna go to?" "Not necessarily. Just for old times sake, I guess. To make sure not much had changed since we left it." He responded. The other twin got up and fetched her sweater so they could leave. It was baby blue with a yellow hem.

They had been driving around gazing at the environment around them with the occasional stop to explore the area a bit. They'd even ran into scmebulock. During the drive back to the shack- Mabel and Dipper drove past the sheriff's department and asked for their favorite workers. Apparently Sheriff Blubbs and his partner and had moved to Eugene Oregon together.
"I'm happy for them. You know not everyone can handle the craziness of this town as well as us Pines"
Mabel crossed her arms behind her neck and leaned against the passenger seat. "I mean I barely made it through the first Summer here and look where I am now." She laughed softly, hoping to not sound as tense as she did.
"What do you mean by that?" Her brother inquired. "I mean that I had a hard time making it through that Summer. With everything going on with Bill... it was like everything was out of my reach. It was just too much." "But I thought-" The boy interrupted. "Hey- it doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the rest of it. I just wasn't sure about always getting us into trouble. A lot of the times I was worried about you. You never kept yourself away from that- that demon." Mabel was eyeing her twin.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize, I should've talked to you about it before putting us in danger. It's all my fault."
"It's ok," she responded. "Let's just drive back home."

"Okay. Just one quick little detour."

Dipper turned the golf cart down a barely visible dirt road. It was littered with debris from the surrounding trees. "What is this?" His sister asked, leaning out the window to get a better view of the environment.
"I wanted to check if it was still here. I never told you but once I came out here after getting lost and I never told you about it. Before you get mad I know I'm supposed to tell you everything and I'm sorry I just didn't want to worry you." Mabel scoffed. "Thanks." She spoke flatly.

The ground crunched beneath the Mystery Twins as they took cautious steps towards a stone hill that was about 20 feet away from their golf cart. Upon close inspection, there were engravings of what appeared to be Bill- minus the hat, bow tie, and cane.
"What..." The girl whispered to herself, running her fingers along with the strange pattern. "They worshipped him."
(AN- some of this stuff is inspired by "In Your Dreams, Sixer" by someone who's @ I can't remember right now remind me if you see this)
"Huh?" She turned to face Dipper.
"The people who carved these. And they existed a long time ago- judging by the dust buildup, art style and symbols that resemble hieroglyphs but can't be. And they worshipped Bill- as if he was a God. I take it this is where they lived. Come here." His sister willingly followed him and the two of them rounded the corner of the hill. It was an opening- however, it was dark inside. Dipper turned around, only then noticing the sunlight that was fading.
"Come on. We should get back before It gets dark."
"True, or else Grunkle Stan will be really mad." Mabel chuckled in response.

time skip lol

"Goodnight Mabel" "Night Dipper." The click from the lamp sounded throughout the attic- followed by the light turning off.

"Hi there." His voice rang from all around Dipper.
"Damnit, Bill! Just let me have a normal dream for or none at all would b great to thanks." The teen groaned.
"Woah there, Pine Tree. Hormones aren't testing ya too good huh?"
"Wow, you're so amusing," Dipper spoke flatly. "Oh trust me I know I actually-" "What do you want Bill?" Dipper demanded
"Oh, that's right." His mindscape flared red. "Stay away from the cave." His tone darkened temporarily.
The only thing keeping Dipper from asking more questions was the fact that Bill had tied chains around his neck and wrists, holding him down.
"Fine! Just let me go." He struggled to fight against it. "Oh trust me Pine Tree, I never meant to hurt you. I just need you to understand that you must stay away from this cave- are we clear?" Bill had vanished. It was just his voice now- only closer. Centimeters away from his ears.
"Yes." As soon as the word was uttered, Dipper sat up abruptly, feeling an absence of weight on his lap. He shrugged to himself and laid back to go to sleep.

<><><><>
Hi there! Been a while huh. Well, I hope you're doing alright- my shows are over which is v sad but also a relief. I got to keep som props :). anyways this isn't all that important but I hope you're enjoying it so far message me or comment if you have suggestions and comment random stuff for fun yanno. anyways bye love you