Chapter 1: Welcome (back) to Riverdale

Y/N POV:
Sitting in the back of the cab driving down the streets I grew up on, was the most nerve racking thing I've ever done since telling my family I was pregnant at 17.

"Are you ok sweetheart?" I heard my mom ask me, I turned to her with a small smile and replied "Yeah just feels weird to be back" "Well I'm sure it will be okay I know your brother and dad miss you" she replied and grabbed my hand as a sign of comfort.

If I'm being honest I wouldn't have come back to Riverdale even if my life depended on it. The last time I was here I had my heart ripped out of my chest and a major decision to make.

As the car pulls up in the street my dad, brother and best friend (before she betrayed me by sleeping with my boyfriend for four months) lived my phone buzzed in my pocket.

My best gay Kev👑:
God I wish you were here I can't take anymore of this "bughead"🙄

She's having a baby🤰:
Why what'd they do now?

My best gay Kev👑:
Well for starters she's acting like you and Jughead were never together, like hello we were all there I was the captain of that ship I helped sail it!!, and secondly she's just being so annoying and won't shut up about her mom and how she keeps pushing her to do better and be the best, like seriously enough already!!

She's having a baby🤰:
Ah okay, so it's the same woe is me story gotcha👌

My best gay Kev👑:
Like seriously I will fly to Chicago myself if it means I get to see you and away from this crap that we call high school

She's having a baby🤰:
Well in that case we'll have to skype after school I miss seeing your face 😞

My best gay Kev👑:
Ugh yes I'm gonna hold you to that I need to see that face and the bump, I can't believe your five months along with Jughead's baby and he still doesn't know!!!

She's having a baby🤰:
I know I can't believe in 4 months I'm gonna be a mom!! But after what he did do you blame me for not telling him about the baby, he cheated on me for months with my best friend and then when I found out and confronted him, he acted like it was my fault he did it!

My best gay Kev👑:
Ugh I know I'm still pissed you didn't let me beat him up, or at least let Reggie and Sweet pea do it!

She's having a baby🤰:
I know but what good would that have done, that just would have made things worse

After I sent that last message I looked up from my phone and realised that the car had stopped and we were outside my old home. I knew dad was home because his car was in the driveway, and I could see Vegas through the window asleep on the couch.

My best gay Kev👑:
Ugh I gotta go the bell just rang for last period, I'll talk to you later love you 😘😘

She's having a baby🤰:
Love you too😘😘

As soon as I put my phone away my door opened and my mom was standing there smiling at me, "You ready sweetheart?"she asked me, "Yeah, let's do this" I said returning the smile. I stepped out the cab and looked at my surroundings, it felt good to be home.

I felt my mom grab my hand so I turned to her and saw her already looking at me and smiling, just from that simple interaction I knew I was making the right decision of coming home.

As we walked up the steps of the house I started to get nervous again, What if I'm making a mistake? What if he finds out but doesn't want anything to with the baby? But it was to late to second guess anything more as my mom has already knocked on the door.

"I'm coming" I heard my dad say from inside, the next thing I know the door opens and standing on the other side is my dad with a shocked smile on his face.

"Hi dad, I'm home" I said with tears in my eyes, he breaks out of his shocked state and pulls me into a hug "I'm so happy right now, you have no idea how much your brother and I have missed you" he replied kissing my head, we pulled away and he hugged mom and then grabbed our suitcases and took them inside my mom and I following.

"Does anyone else know you were coming home?" He asked as we all sat down in the lounge, Vegas coming over to sniff and kiss my face, "No, no one does. We didn't decide this until a few days ago, I wanted to surprise everyone" I replied as he sat down next me pulling me into another hug.

"Well it's a great surprise, Archie's gonna be so happy your back, he should be home soon" he replied as he checked the time, just as he did that my phone buzzed 'Big bro😝' I showed mom and dad "Speaking of Archie" I said as I checked the message.

Big bro😝:
Hey Kevin said you guys were gonna skype after school, so we decided to do it together, I wanna see how my niece/nephews doing

Lil sis😋:
Okay that's fine, but wow don't even want to know how your sister is I'm hurt

Big bro😝:
Oh ha ha ha you know I love you, I just want to know how the baby is doing as well as my amazing strong little sister

Lil sis😝:
Yeah I know, I was just joking I love you too, I'll talk to you soon

Big bro😝:
Cool talk soon

I turned my phone off and told mom and dad what was happening, when dad got a text from Archie saying that Kevin was coming over after school, "Well seems like your gonna be able to surprise both of them at the same time" mom said with a smile, "Yeah I can't wait I've missed them so much, it'll be great to actually speak to them without a screen in between us" I replied with the same smile.

I will admit I was nervous and scared at first I still am a bit, but the fact I get to see my best friend and big brother again soon was making the fears go away.

"While we wait for them I guess it gives us time to catch up on what's being going on" dad says.

And that's what we did for the next 45 minutes we sat and talked about everything that's happened in Riverdale and Chicago, the baby, what happens next and guessing what the boys reactions will be when they see me. We were so caught up in the conversation we were having we didn't hear the door open, that was until we heard "Dad I'm home and Kevin's here!".

The next thing I knew Archie and Kevin we're walking into the lounge.

"Hi guys I'm home"

A/N:
I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of my book, I worked really hard on this and tried so hard to make it good, but I promise it's gonna get better, I hope.
I just wanted to say a huge thank you to autumnfarmer13 for helping me break out of my shell and encouraging me to try and do something that has been a dream of mine to try, thank you for everything all the encouragement and late night talks I really appreciate it, I wouldn't be here without you, also to queensassy20 and TheMadisonReader for the positive words of encouragement and awesome feedback on my book, it means the world to me thank you.
See you next time.
XOXO SamandDean18