Chapter 9- Should I Stay or Should I Go Now?

Ali

I was standing right in front of that building. The building that fell apart when that terrible, terrible day happened. The day that, sometimes, made me feel as If I was no longer living.

I knew I was in a coma. I had been in a car crash. I could hear Elizabeth and Harry crying, and Niall comforting the both of them. Right now, however, I was more focused on my surroundings in the dream I had during the coma.

I watched as the accident, reversing it like it had never happened. I gasped in complete shock. After everything was back to normal, my scene changed. I was back in Cleveland, sitting with my brothers, Jacob, who was currently 29 and married with one kid, and Mark, who was 24, and both of my parents were there, too.

Except, everyone was different. Neither of my brothers had gone into the military like they should have. My dad didn't have that slight hint of darkness in his eyes, and my mom, well she was really happy, too. It literally seemed like that terrible day had never even happened, and I was just at home with a family dinner.

Then, it fast-forwarded again. This time, I was 29. I was married to Harry. It was Christmas with my whole family. Jacob had four kids, and Mark had two with one on the way. They were both happily married. We were sitting around the Christmas tree, laughing and opening gifts while we ate cookies by the fire. It looked like such a beautiful scene.

Then, we went backwards again. This time, I was 18 again and, peculiarly, had ended up at Cinderella Castle in Disney World. It was my earliest vacation memory as a child. We had gone when I was three. My mom sat on a couch in the Castle, and I sat down next to her.

My mom was beautiful. She was 5'7", with short brown hair and blue eyes. She had the most beautiful smile. She always made me laugh with her sarcastic eye rolls and quick remarks.

"Did you like what you saw?"

"You mean the future? Yea, it was awesome! Better than I could have ever imagined, all because that day never happened. "

"Exactly, because here, that day never happened. Everything is perfect here."

"Perfect."

"You can have all that you know." She patted my leg, and my mouth fell open.

"All of it? The family? You and dad? Everything?"

"Yep, just under one condition."

"Yea, sure. I'll do anything. That was such an amazing life."

"You have to give up Earth."

My heart stopped. "Wait, what?"

"Yea, you can't just have that perfect life without giving up your life on Earth. You'd have to leave Earth, and come here, to live with me."

"But it's real up here, isn't it?"

"No, not really. Your kids don't exist, and Mark, Jacob, Dad, and Harry would be down on Earth."

"So, all I'd have is you?"

"Yea, basically." She laughed.

"What do you think, Mom?" I asked.

"Well, do you remember when your dad would tell you how much you reminded him of me?"

'Yes."

"He was right. We both look alike. We're both strong, independent women. We both have goals we want to achieve before we die. So, knowing that you have so much, do you think I would really want you to give up everything for me?"

"No."

"Yes, but the thing is, you decide. Are you happy down there? Are you ready to come and live with me?"

"I don't want to say no, but my life was pretty good."

"And people need you. How do you think your brothers, your father, Harry, even Elizabeth react?"

"They'd be positively devestated."

"Mhmm. So, now is the time. You need to decide what to do."

"Right now?"

"Right now. this is the moment where you decide what the rest of your life will be like."

"I love you, Mom."

"I love you, too, sweetie. I know your decision already. But don't worry, we'll see each other soon, and I'm always keeping tabs on you."

"Thanks, Mom. I love you." I gave her a hug and a kiss.

--------------

Then, I fluttered my eyes and twitched my hand.

"She's moving!" Harry said. They all moved closer to me as my eyes opened.

"Hi, Ali." Elizabeth said.

"Hey Lib."

Harry kissed me.

"We're glad you're awake." Niall said.

"I'm not. Look at this fucking drab room." Everyone laughed.