Prologue

Maybe it's because of her nature, maybe it's just because she's been through it all and nothing phases her anymore, it might also be happening because she's simply, Kim Jisoo. But while all criminals are hiding and probably wrapped up in their safe spots, she's walking around barefoot in the dark alleys of Busan with no fear, heading straight to the woods.

It was raining heavily and she could feel her feet go numb but her body felt young again, her skin getting healthier as a child's, and her flesh getting fresh as if the drops of water were turning to drops of youth and making her feel like a newborn, like a pup. She wishes she was though, being a lone wolf is the saddest part of her life story, the contradictory part of it, is that she decided to be one herself.

Anything's better than to be with them. She thought to herself.

She brushes her thoughts away before they create havoc in her mind, and walks straight to the forest, her feet aching for some running and her body wanting to feel the touch of the tree leaves. Just as she was about to set her wolf free, the sound footsteps coming from the forest stopped her in her tracks.

They were two people, no five, but were they even human? No they're werewolves, she could tell from their strong scents, did they find her? How? Why is there a lot of them?

I thought I finally got rid of their filth.

Her hands started trembling, and her feet went numb, her mind began to imagine all kind of scenarios of the way she was going to be killed, will they rip her head off? Will they tear her throat open with their claws or burn her alive? She felt so weak, she hadn't felt that way since the day she lost her mom and her friends and the thought made her shiver.

Her panic attack stopped right away when her wolf growled at her and snapped her out of it. Without any other thought she turned on her heels and ran back to her apartment, she couldn't risk to shift in the middle of the streets so she ran as fast she could. It was hard, very hard, but she tried to mask her scent the best she can.

Now deep inside, she knew that no one was following her, the scents were so distant and the streets were empty, but she kept running anyway.

"Jisoo is that you?" Her friend shouted as she opened the door panting and fighting to catch her breath, she closed the door and sat next to it to regain her energy. Whilst the dummy was still asking questions,

"Are you a thief? I advise you not to steal anything because I will literally cut your balls off your body, and we don't want your dick to be lonely, do we?"

"Are you here for fun? Sexy Soo ain't available right now, come back later."

She sighed and just as she was going to stand up her eyes grew wide when her friend appeared right in front her with a baseball bat and looked ready to beat the life out of her.

"Jimin." She screamed, her growl turning to a chuckle when he lost his balance and fell with a huge 'tud' on the ground. She didn't think she could laugh just a few minutes after what happened earlier, but he never ceases to amaze her.

"How many times do I have to tell you that your name isn't  "Stiles Stilinski", Min?" She snorted, lending him a hand to stand up.

"How many times do I have to tell you that you don't have to be named Stiles to use a bat?" He bit back and she only shook her head at him and tried to go to her room.

"No, miss. You stay right where you are." He put his hand on his hip and eyed her suspiciously, as if trying to see if there were any injuries but he found none so he let out a sigh of relief.

"Did you go to the forest without me again?" He cocked his brow. He can be such a mom sometimes.

"Come on, Min. No one will kill me, you know!" She smiled at him, but she knew better. And if she knew her best friend any better, she'd know he wasn't buying it.

She made her way to her bedroom somehow, and took her clothes off then headed to the bathroom to take a shower, she needed to clear her mind after what happened, she needed to process it first. It all went so fast. Just like the night before her escape.

She settles in the bathtub, rests her head against the wall and closes her eyes, trying to put the pieces together about what happened that night, it's all complicated, the chances of them finding her in Busan are too low, their base is way too far, and the city is not unpopular so how? Knowing them, they'd go search in the mountains or in small cities.

They all thought she's dumb. They all treated her as an object that couldn't think rationally. So she used it against them.

She was part of a pack, a cruel one, that treated the pack members like slaves, so no one of them was ever loyal like a how a werewolf is supposed to be towards his pack, they didnt feel like they belong, they only felt trapped, they only wanted a way to escape, even if the only way was death.

So when they found an opportunity, they went for it.

She clears her mind once again and slips out of the tub, wraps a towel around her slim body and opens the bathroom door to find Jimin sitting in her bed looking at her suspiciously, again. The brunette raises her hands in the air and says "I swear I didn't eat your donuts." Trying to relieve the mood.

"What happened when you were out? I knew something was off but I didn't want to ask until you get some rest. Now spill it." He asked in a serious and concerned tone. She sighed and sat next to him.

"I think they're here." His whole expression changed with that single statement so she started talking again before he could utter any word.

"I'm not sure though." She shrugged  then told him the whole story about her very thrilling walk.

"So what are we going to do? Go to another city?"

"What do you mean by 'we'?" She raises a brow at him.

"So you think I'm letting you handle it alone? Haha, you thought." He replies, sarcasm dripping from his response. "I can't live knowing that you're unsafe. Besides, you will die without me, so don't argue, if you leave without me I'll just take my bat and head straight to their base wearing my Iron Man boxers only." He said in one breath, pulling his hair back and adding a wink at the end.

"If you're trying to get yourself killed, then be my guest." She snorted, "Now get out, let me put on some clothes, I'm freezing here." He pouted a small 'meanie' and got out of the room slowly while stomping his feet.

Jisoo chuckled at his behavior, she truly had the cutest boy as her best friend.

She put on her pajamas, slipped under the covers and closed her eyes to sleep, but once the black filled her view, images of her dead mother popped up in her mind, her friends get slaughtered, her good-for nothing father's back and her being hanged up in a big tree in the middle of the woods.

She wasn't the type to cry easily, she really wasn't. She thought she had no tears left to cry after everything that happened before meeting Jimin, but just the scent of a werewolf triggered something in her and just as a tear was about to leave her eye, she felt someone slip next to her and stroke her hair.

That got her thanking God for giving her Jimin, he's all she has and she thinks he's all she needs.

She let out a quiet sob and cuddled against him, head buried in his chest.

While thinking how she can't thank him enough for everything he has done for her in the past two years, and for keeping her human..or half. She slept, feeling safe again in his warm embrace.