Chapter 11

He returned to Vincent's house shortly after he left.

He and Vincent sat in bed, staring at the ceiling.

"So you just straight up denied them?"

"I mean, yeah. I'm not that... interested in.."

"Having sex with your partner? That you live with?"

"When you word it like that, it sounds bad."

He laughed, "You probably made them feel like shit."

"Is it my fault I don't want to?"

"No, it just means you like me better." Vincent smirked.

"That's... horrible. Why did you convince me to do this?"

"You're irresistible. Come on, you know that. I'm still not over us."

"..." Scott was quiet.

"What?"

"I'm cheating on my partner with my ex-boyfriend."

"So?"

Scott sighed. "You wouldn't understand how bad that is."

"You're right. I've always been infatuated with you, no one else." He twirled his finger around Scott's hair.

Scott snorted. "You're funny."

"What? You think I'm lying?"

"Yes! You even tell me yourself how many chicks you have in bed. Remember your 'high score'?"

"..Four."

"Yeah."

"That doesn't mean I like them. It just means I'm a nymphomaniac. And damn, is it fun."

"You're horrible."

Vince winked, "You know it."

-

You felt like shit.

He just.. denied you.

And then left.

Were you not interesting anymore? Was there something wrong with your body? Did you smell bad?

You stared at yourself in the mirror, trying to point out your body's design flaws. It was a lengthy moment.

What was his deal lately?

You sat down on the bed.

How were you supposed to get close to him when he's never around?

You went to bed, restless.

In the morning, as per usual, you got up and cleaned yourself. You went to work. You completed work. You went home, Scott wasn't there. You took a shower. You ate. Same shit, different day.

You went to the grocery store and got what you needed in the fridge. You went home, painted your toenails, and watched videos on Twitch.

This was the norm.

Being an adult sucked.

-

He, on the other hand, was having fun.

That night with Vincent, he had gone to work. His shift was alone, since Jeremy took the day off. He had promised Vincent he would come back.

He didn't even think about telling [Y/N]. Why would he? It's his life.

At 6:42, Scott headed back to Vince's place. When he entered the room, dizzy from exhaustion, he could hear the faint playing of Vince's piano. Scott just went to bed.