Chapter 4

KHUSHI found herself all alone with ASR ----Arnav Singh Raizada.She stared at his grim face and her heart beat began to increase.

'I thought you were Akashji and you thought I was Payal,' she ventured tentatively, 'We got off on the wrong foot right from the beginning.'

'Looks like it.' he said grimly.

'When you said you were ASR, I assumed 'A' stood for Akash,' she explained, 'But I don't understand your confusion. I had told you my name.'

He shrugged, 'I was only aware of that the surname was Gupta.' He looked at her, 'I wasn't sure of the first name.'

Khushi said quietly, 'I am sorry for all the things I said to you earlier. It's just that I was so upset for Payal.'

'You did it for your sister,' he returned flatly, 'I don't blame you for that. I would have done the same.'

'Was Akash badly hurt in the accident?' she asked in a low voice.

'He has fractured his leg and has a concussion in his head. He will heal with time and plenty of rest.'

'Thank God it isn't too bad.' Khushi said relived. 'That is why he didn't come to Delhi. I wish someone had informed us. Payal will be relieved when she hears about this.'

She looked at Arnav but he said nothing.

'I will go back to the hotel now.' Khushi said trying to get up.

'Like this?' he said looking directly at her.

Khushi realized he was looking at her torn clothes and flushed a deep red.

'I will take you to Di's room now.' He said curtly.

As Khushi got up from the sofa and took one step, she faltered as blackness enveloped her. She flopped down on the sofa holding her head.

'What the ____?' he swore.

'I am alright..... just a head rush.' Khushi said weakly.

Arnav swore as she strode up to her angrily. He bent down and scooped her up in his arms in one swift movement. He began to walk toward the ornate staircase.

'What the hell are you doing?' Khushi gasped furiously. She tried to push at his chest, but it was like trying to budge a brick wall. But definitely a warmer one. A jolt of awareness shot through her as she felt his heart beating under her fingers.

'Put me down right away!' she said breathlessly.

'Shut up.' He snapped back.

Khushi realized that he was carrying her up without breaking a sweat. Thought she was slim she was no feather weight. All those gym workouts were coming in handy today no doubt, she thought to herself.

He took her to a room presumably his sister's. It was large, bright room matching the décor downstairs. Ornate furniture, ethnic artefacts and bright coloured drapes gave the room a rich, royal look. Anjali was nowhere to be seen and Arnav seemed annoyed as he deposited her none too gently on the edge of the big bed.

He went to the cupboard. 'My sister only seems to have sarees,' he said as he pulled out a saree and threw it on the bed.

'I will see you downstairs,' he said moving toward the door.

Just as Khushi began to take off her kurti, she realized that it was not going to be easy. It hurt like hell to lift her arms above her shoulder.

Suddenly, she realized that Arnav had walked up behind her. She should have locked the door! In one swift movement he caught hold of her kurti at her back and ripped it down its length to the hem.