Chapter 14

My Hero - Chapter 14

We are back at the police station with Parish trying to figure out who's on the dead pool.

"Well it's not a dead pool" Parish said. "It's more like an already dead pool."

"All of them? All dead?" Lydia asked.

Parish nodded "Within the last ten years. All suicides and all at the same place."

I looked at the computer "Echen House" I said.
__________

"Lydia, Echen House is like a librabry. You need a warrant to get files from there" Stiles said.

"My grandmother left me a list of ten suicides, including her own." she said "There's got to be a reason why."

"Is there anyone there who's willing to help us?" I asked.

"No" he said "but there might be someone there willing to take a bribe."
__________

I think I'm starting to regret offering to help. We're now at Echen House trying to get Brunski to let us look though their files.

Brunski looked at us with this weird smile on his face "A thousand" he said.

"A thousand dollars? To use one little key to open one little file room? Are you out of your mind?" Stiles asked him.

"When you give the keys, you make the price" Brunski said.

"Alright, do you actually think we have that kind money?" I asked.

"I know you don't, if you did uncle sherrif would have payed the bill by now." he said "That's why I'm talking to her" he said looking at Lydia

Lydia rolled her eyes and pulled out her wallet "I only have five hundred" she said and threw the money on his desk.

He stood up with his keys "Follow me."

He walked out the room with us trailing behind him. He unlocked a door and let us in. "Good?" he asked

"Yeah, we can help ourselves" Stiles said "Lydia do you have the list?"

She pulled the list out of her bag and gave it to Stiles.

"Why did you add two names on here?" he asked her

"I didn't write anything" she said.

"This is your handwriting" he said

"Why would I write more names?" she asked

"Why would you add me and Sarah?" he asked. Lydia ripped the list out of his hands and I went to look at it. Sure enough, in Lydias handwriting were our names.

"It was the tapes" Brunski said behind us "wasn't it?"

He tazed Stiles which caused Lyia and I to scream. He turned around and gave me a sinister look "Your turn sweetheart" and everything went black.
__________

I woke up with my head pounding, and to make it worse Lydia was screaming to help. "Lydia there's a lot of people screaming for help in a place like this. I don't think anyone's listening." I said groaning.

"Well I'm open to better ideas" she said "because if you didn't notice all those suicides were murders"

"That's why she left you the message" Stiles said.

"Se predicted her own death" she said. We heard the door opening

"She knew I'd figure it out" she whispered. "Once you were able to predict your own" Brunski said walking in.

"But they weren't murders" he said. "I am not some serial killer like Ted Bundy going around cutting up college girls" he said kneeling down in front of me and Lydia.

"No, you're just an angel of death" Stiles said.

Brunski went to Stiles "I don't think you understand my level of commitment to my work here, Stiles" he said "There are people here who don't simply need treatment. They need release. I helped them. I helped Loraine."

"You killed her" Lydia said."I helped her" he said moved to where she's sitting "and now you can help me. There's been something that's always bothered me" he said pulling out a caset and playing it.

It was a recorded tape of Lydia's grandma the night Brunski killed her.

"Lydia look at me, don't listen " Stiles said "Okay? Don't listen."

"Don't listen, block it out. Okay?" I said.

"Hey turn it off!" Stiles screamed at Brunski. He came and punched Stiles in the face.

"Stiles!" me and Lydia screamed.

"Now listen" he said holding Lydia by the neck "just listen. I need your help with this still. Here it is. Here is the part I never understood. Listen"

"Please dont hurt her" we heard Loraine say breathing heavy
"Don't hurt who?"
"Ariel" and the breathing stopped

No one said anything, it was just silent. Brunski got up and grabbed a box "We get a lot of teenagers trying to break into our drug cabinets. Most of the time they don't succeed." he said opening the box and pulling out a needle.

"But you three look pretty clever to me." The three of us starting struggling trying to get ot of here, but it didn't work.

"I'll admit Stiles, I don't have any unusual talents like Lydia, but somehow I just knew we were gonna get a chance to do this again. Too bad your cousin's going to have to join us" he said

"No!" Stiles screamed when Brunski grabbed me, with the needle just barely puncturing my neck. Stiles was struggling and my breathing started to pick up.

Then Parish came out of nowhere with a gun "Drop it!"

He walked slowly to where we were "Take your thumb off the needle and slowly withdraw it from her neck."

"Young deputy" Brunski sighed "You're just a kid. I bet you never even fired a-" he was cut off my Parish shooting him.

He went and untied Lydia "He killed my grandmother" she said untying Stiles "He was controlling Meridith"

"He used her to create the dead pool" Stiles said untying me and pulling me into a hug trying to calm me down.

"And he killed her when she tried to help us" Lydia said.

Brunski started coughing up blood and laughing "You think it was me?" he said "That I was controlling her?" he started laughing again. "She was controlling me" he whispered with his last breath.

"Oh god" Lydia said "It's not him. He's not the benefactor"

"No" came a voice.

"He wasn't on my list" Meridith said and walked out from behind the cabinets "but he was a bad person"