Chapter 16

My Hero - Chapter 16

Since we no longer have to worry about the dead-pool, Liam invited Mason and I over to his house so we could hang out and play some video games. I'm not one to play video games for hours on end, so I've been working on some homework I waited until last minute to do.

"When did you get so good?" Mason asked when Liam beat him. "Have you been practicing, or did you just suddenly get superhuman reflexes?"

"Uh...Practicing" Liam said looking at me, "Yeah, I've been practicing."

"And I should be studying." Mason said putting his controller down.

"Where are you going?" Liam asked.

"Home" Mason said a little confused. "We've got a history test tomorrow."

"Come on." Liam said, "One more game."

"Yeah, you said that four games ago" Mason said standing up walking towards the door.

"Study here. You can stay over." Liam suggested. "Come on. One more game. Just one."

"Are you okay?" Mason asked him.

Liam looked down, "No, You're right. You should go." he said looking back at him. "I should probably study too."

Mason was still standing in the doorway looking at Liam confused. "See you at school" Liam said.

Mason looked at me. I gave him a small smile and mouthed 'I'll talk to him.' He nodded and walked out the room.

I look over and see Liam looking down at the controller in his hand. "Hey" I said getting his attention. "Why don't I call my uncle, come up with some little lie, and see if I can spend the night?"

His face lit up and he gave me a smile, "Really?"

I couldn't help but laugh at his reaction. "Yeah" I said picking up my phone "Let me call him"

If there's one thing I picked up on while living here, it's lying. I'm not proud of it, but it just comes naturally now.

It didn't take much to convince my uncle to let me stay. I just told him that I was studying for that test in history with Liam and Mason and he was okay with me staying. Especially since he thinks that me and Liam aren't alone.

"My uncle said I can stay." I said. Once again his reaction was priceless. He looked like a little kid on Christmas morning.

We ended up staying up for another hour or so just talking and joking around. Once we realized how late it was, we decided to get some sleep. That led to us getting into a tiny argument over the sleeping arrangements.

"Damnit Liam! I told you I can sleep on the floor!" I said.

"Why? I told you I wouldn't mind giving up my bed for one night." he said

"Because it's your bed Liam." I said. "I can sleep on the floor"

"Or..." He started.

"Or what?" I asked.

He looked at me hesitantly. "There is enough room for both of us on my bed." I looked down as I felt my face heat up.

"Or I could sleep on the floor" He said quickly.

I groaned. "Is that the only way I can get you to actually sleep in our bed?"

He laughed and smiled at me "Take it or leave it. I promise, nothing will happen."

"Fine" I huffed out and jumped on his bed and crawled under his covers.

He chuckled and lied down next to me. He turned off the light and got comfortable, but something seemed a little off about him.

After a few moments, I was half aslep when I noticed that his breathing picked up a little. I don't know what was wrong with him, but it sounded like he was starting to hyperventilate.

"You're not there." I heard him say. "You're not there." Then he turned the light back on and sat up.

"Liam?" I asked tiredly. "Are you okay?"

He turned around to face me a little. "Yeah, I'm fine. Try to get some sleep."

"You need to sleep too." I said. He looked at me and nodded laying back down.

We laid there for a while, the only sound coming from the rain outside. "Sarah?" Liam asked.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"C-can you um-? Can y-you?" He studdered nervously.

I knew what he was trying to ask. I turned around and crawled a little closer to him. I wrapped an arm around his waist and rested my head on his chest. I felt him put an arm around me, pulling me closer. He took a deep breath and I could feel him relax.

"Goodnight Sarah." He said.

"Night Liam" I whispered.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Extremely short filler chapter!!! It's not edited and there's probably a lot of mistakes, but it's past midnight and I just wanted to write something.

xoxo