[2] you're here

JIN

I walked into my shared apartment with Jungkook to hear someone screaming. I rushed over to his room to find the room dark as the boy shuffled in his bed while crying. He was still asleep. I left my bag and coat on the ground to sit next to the sleeping boy, who was screaming for me. 

'shh, I'm here... hyung is here...' I whispered to him while rubbing my hand on his arm and caressing his cherry-colored hair. He shuffled again, this time with his eyes slightly opened. 

Jungkook made eye contact with me and broke down crying a little before sitting and hugging me tightly. 

his story was complicated, Jungkook had gone through a lot. His 'parents' were abusive to him his entire life, and when he decided to respond to his 'parents' he was disowned and thrown away. Then he started going to our bookstore, he always read the books without buying them, sometimes he'd ask for water. He never asked for food, and I still don't know how he ate when he didn't work nor have a home. 

The boy lived on the streets until I found out about it, he was fifteen years old, and with my heart completely broken, I took him in. He was very shy at first, not wanting to sleep in the empty room that I had, he slept on the couch. Sometimes I'd wake up to him sleeping with a pillow on the floor right next to my bed. 

He used to cry to sleep every night until he finally let me in. So I ended up hugging him as he cried every single night. He slept on my bed for a few years, he'd always hug me in the middle of the night. But then he grew up, finished high school. Now he's grown to have his room, hobbies, work, university. The kid is doing great. 

But sometimes he still gets nightmares of the events before him and I happened. And so I hugged him back, allowing the vulnerable boy to feel every single emotion he has inside him. And so after a sad hour, Jungkook let me go, sniffling with his puffy face and Bambi eyes filled with stars dipped in a river of tears. He smiled weakly at me and I smiled back. 

'welcome home' Jungkook whispered with a broken voice and I ruffled his cherry hair. He closed his eyes, taking in the careless but adoring contact I've made with him. 

'did you eat?' I asked and he shook with head adorably saying no. 'want to help hyung cook?' I asked again and he shook his head saying yes. I smiled and closed my eyes from Jungkook's adorableness and got up. 'let's go then.' 

after cooking, eating and cleaning after ourselves, Jungkook and I opted for a movie. Jungkook had already washed up, so while I washed up he chose the movie we would watch. I walked into the living room to find out he'd chosen 'Finding Nemo'. I chuckled at his childish choice but then realized Jungkook had never watched that movie, nor experienced a childhood. So I immediately regretted laughing while he glanced at me with puppy eyes. 

'is that movie funny, hyung?' Jungkook asked innocently and I shook my head. 

'no, I wasn't laughing because of the movie... but that's a great choice Kookie,' I sat down next to him on the couch, Jungkook found himself comfortable through lying his head on my lap. And unconsciously I ended up playing with his hair while intently watching the movie. And although we were both interested in the movie, even though I had watched it hundreds of times and Jungkook none. We both lost to tiredness as we fell asleep within forty minutes into the movie.  

-

[a/n] *hates oneself for writing Jungkook's background story and making him suffer so much* "it's necessary" I whisper to myself as I cry imagining fourteen-year-old Jungkook living alone in the streets.