Chapter 4- Wednesday

I hobbled into lesson half an hour late. I gave my note explaining my absence to my teacher and sat down, aware of all the eyes following my every move.

"Oy, Elaynah! What happened? Who was it? Details girl." Misha yelled out, almost aggressively.

I shook my head, unwilling to go back into that nightmare. I just need a peaceful half an hour of maths.

"Oh come on! I thought we were friends, spill."

"I'm pretty sure that is emotional blackmail. And girl, I barely spoke to you before, what do you mean friends?" I couldn't help but snap back. I've been having a terrible morning, I don't need some annoying wannabe on my tail.

"I hope you are quite done, Elaynah, Misha. If you don't mind I've got a lesson to teach. If you don't want to learn, kindly don't show up next time. Thank you." Ms Linton said with a hint of anger. Ah, who doesn't love a bit of passive aggressiveness?

From the corner of my eyes I see Misha rolling her eyes and then muttering loud enough for most of the class to hear, "God, Elaynah is such an attention seeker. She just wants to keep all the interesting stuff to herself."

I'm not very proud of this moment, but I lost my cool and all I saw was the orange of her fake tan. "Bitch, You don't know me, you don't know what it's like to be on edge. You don't know what it's like to be stalked. What it's like to be interrogated by the police. So don't you [beep] open your bloody mouth blabbing shit."

There were several gasps heard in the class and a couple of "burns." But one thing was clear though.

"ELAYNAH! Language! Stand outside, NOW." Ms Linton practically screamed out.

I casually stepped out, sparing a few glances at my friends. They were shaking their heads at me and frankly looked shocked. I honestly feel a tad guilty for my inappropriate use of language. That is probably the first time anyone has heard me swear.

I stood outside the door, walking in circles. I started to feel the boredom creep in as the minutes' tick past. Could it be possible that Ms forgot about me being out here? I groaned internally, wonderful.

Just as I was about to knock on the door Ms Linton stepped out.

She just stared at me, resulting in me to start squirming in discomfort.

"So what happened this morning? It's not every day I see my most laidback student lose her cool." Wow, is that sarcasm? Cause this is still scary.

"I spent the afternoon, I mean the morning, with police officers. They were here to collect a statement about some crazy woman that came into school yesterday and threw me a package. And the package had a bunch of pictures that no one I know ever took. So basically I have a creepy stalker." I think I said that a little to fast, but it seemed she understood.

"I see, so I talked with the rest of the class to give you some space. But that does not excuse your actions. You can't raise to her bait. You know what Misha is like."

I nodded my head and managed a small smile, "So, I'm not in trouble?"

"Oh, no. You are still in trouble. I expect you here at 1 o'clock at lunch. 30mins detention. You got maths after that so then you wouldn't have to move." She chuckled out.

I sighed in defeat. "I'll be there."

"Good now go get your stuff, it's almost time to go break."

I nodded my head and walked back into the room glaring at everyone, Misha specifically. She gave me dirt. Agh.-

"Misha, what is your problem? Just cause you got no life doesn't mean you should steal Elaynahs. If she wants to tell us what happened then she will!" Aniqa said.

She just saved me from exploding. Again.

I found Ghajana and Aniqa at break and explained to them what happened in the morning. I even told them about the part where I lied, in case I get kidnapped and the police don't have any leads they can just search my house for the pictures and the note. A safety net.

Ghajana looked annoyed at the lie. explaining that I just lost a perfect chance to actually find the weirdo. Ah, Ghajana sensible as ever.

I told them not to spread it. I just want to keep it between us three, after all no-one but us knew about the note. So surely a person who wrote a note like that, would not attempt to kill me. I hope.

The rest of the day flew by. Just an occasional question from people asking me to explain everything. But a glare from a friend stopped them from pressing further.