Can't sleep

It was the early dawn, even too early for a demon to be awake. But that didn't stop the little four year old from creeping down the hallway to her father's room. Her dad was the radio demon, though he scared others he never scared her.

She opened the door to his room and crept towards his bed, she went over to his side of the bed and made a small noise. Alastor opened one eye and he smiled when he saw her looking at him "Oh hello Megan." His voice was a little rough from having just woken up. Meg made a happy sound and held her arms up "Daddy." Alastor picked her up and placed her on the bed "It's still early my dear, what are you doing up?" "I couldn't sleep." She answers.

Alastor smiles "Well, do you wanna listen to the radio?"  He asks knowing full well that his child often falls asleep to the music. Meg smiles and curls up beside Alastor, he grabs his microphone and taps it a bit "Testing, testing, one two three." He says into the microphone. His voice was now his normal radio voice since he was more awake.

The little deer demon giggles at that, Alastor smiles and pokes the little radio on his nightstand on. Smooth jazz begins to play and Meg instantly starts to hum the music, Alastor hums with her and pets her head. Meg yawns and her humming starts to slow down a bit until she drifts off, Alastor continues to hum and pet her head.
~
Alastor looks up from his paperwork when Meg knocks on his door "Ah Megan, what can I do for you my dear?" The younger demon immediately goes underneath his covers on his bed with only her ears poking out, Alastor raises an eyebrow at this "The shadows won't stop whispering.." Meg whispers.

Oh. Alastor gets up from his chair and looks towards the doorway where he sees the glowing red eyes in the darkness, he gives them a look and they retreat quickly. Meg peeks her head out when the whispers go away and sighs when they're gone but she doesn't wanna go back to her room, Alastor could see that when he sits on the edge of the bed and she still looks scared.

Alastor reaches for his staff and taps it a bit "Testing, testing. One, two, three." Meg lets out a breathy laugh, she still loves that. He turns on the radio and smooth jazz music starts playing, he softly starts humming while petting the top of Meg's head. The younger demon starts to hum too as she starts to relax, Alastor hears Meg yawn and her humming start to die down.

Alastor continues to hum to the music and pet her head even when his daughter falls asleep, the paperwork could wait until tomorrow.