I like your coat

Alastor looked through his closet again in confusion 'Where's my coat?' He thinks to himself, he had checked ever room in his house but it was nowhere to be found. A soft thud from outside his room caught his attention and he opened the door to see his four year old daughter wearing the coat that had been missing and was much too big for her.

Meg giggles and tries to stand back up, Alastor has to help her while chuckling himself "So this is where my coat went." He says picking Meg up "Daddy!" The younger demon squeals and immediately goes to pull on his ears "Please don't pull on my ears sweetie." He sits her down on a stool and raises an eyebrow "Now can you tell me why you have my coat?"

Meg looks up from playing with the long sleeves and giggles "Because I like your coat." She says, "Oh, you like my coat?" Alastor chuckles "Well then, you can wear it when we're home but when I have to go somewhere I'll need it back, alright?" "Yes daddy!"
~
Meg flinched again at the loud crackle of the thunder, she hated thunderstorms so bad. She crept out of her room and walked to Alastor's room where he was doing some reading, Alastor looked up from his book and smiled when she opened his door "Oh, hello Megan. What are you doing up?" He asks.

Meg fiddles with her hair nervously, when the thunder boomed again she let out a squeak and dove into her father's lap. Alastor shushes her and rubs her back "Scared of the thunder sweetheart?" He asks, she nods and lets out a whimper when the house shakes from the thunder outside.

Alastor continues to rub her back "Oh my dear, there's nothing to be afraid of. It's just thunder." He says "B-But it's so loud." Meg squeaked in fear, Alastor nods "Yes it is.." he thinks for a second before taking his coat and covering Meg up with it.

"Then perhaps my coat that you love so much will protect you." The comforting scent of her father started to calm Meg down, she's safe. She's with Alastor, who will protect her. She's safe. She's safe. Soon after she fell asleep in Alastor's lap with him still rubbing her back in a comforting motion.
~
Alastor knocked gently on Meg's door "Megan, can I come in?" It was quiet on the other side before she replied with a soft "Sure." Alastor opened the door and saw Meg sitting on the edge of her bed, her ears drooping and Spot in her lap.

He sat down next to her "Oh Megan, I know that you might be feeling upset about what happened earlier-" "I lost control of my powers again. I nearly hurt everyone." Meg spat out. Alastor frowns at the tone of her voice "Sweetheart, no one is angry at you because of that." Alastor tried to explain.

Meg tears up "B-But I nearly hurt Charlie, Angel, Vaggie, Husk, and Niffy. And you too.." She began to cry again. The memory that of everyone looking at her in fear scared her. Spot looked up at Meg with a sad face and Alastor felt horrible. She was always hesitant to use her powers because of moments like this.

Meg sniffed and wiped tears from her face "I'm sorry, I know you're trying to comfort me but I can't help but feel bad." "I understand sweetheart." Alastor thought for a moment before taking off his coat and placing it over her shoulders "Perhaps my coat will help you feel better." He says.

Meg laughs a bit and puts it on, after all these years it still doesn't fit her but she didn't mind. The familiar scent of her father helped comfort her, reminding her of all the times that he's been there for her and will always be there for her "It does, thank you Dad." She sits closer to him and he kisses the top of her head "You're welcome Megan."