It's not easy being a parent

It was hard being a parent. Especially if you're the radio demon.

Alastor tried to remember everything his mother had done to him when he still couldn't get a crying Meg to calm down, "It's ok Megan, it's ok." He says softly. Meg still continues to cry and Alastor is at a lost about what he should. A distant memory of his mother singing a lullaby to him pops into his head and though he doesn't remember the words, he remembers the melody so he starts humming.

It's a soft tune, and Alastor realizes that it's working when Meg starts to quiet down. He continues until Meg stops crying all together and is just staring up at him with curious eyes "You wondering where I got that song from?" He asks "Well your grandmother used to sing it to me when I was younger." Meg babbles a bit excitedly at that and Alastor smiles "You wanna hear more about her? Well we can do that."

Alastor sits down on his armchair and lowers Meg so she's on his lap and begins to tell the stories from when he was with his mother when he was alive.
~
So..this was definitely a problem. Alastor stares at his five year old daughter who is rubbing the sleep from her eyes "Daddy, what are you doing?" She asks. Alastor looks down at his bloody clothes then back at her, "I'm cooking!" He exclaims, Meg gets a confused look on her face "But it's close to 3 am..?" She says "Oh but I've got the case of the late night munchies darling!" He says hiding the bloody knife behind his back.

Meg sniffs the air "What's that smell?" She asks "Tomato sauce." Alastor was quick to reply "Smells weird..is that what's on your clothes?" He nods and Meg takes a seat at the table "Can I have what your making?" She asks. 'Good lord, this child's appetite is something...' Alastor thinks to himself.

"I'm afraid not my dear, it's too late for you to eat something big." He says, "Aw..." Meg says sadly. To cure his daughter's sadness, he gives her a small bag of chips to take to her room to munch on. Meg walks off munching on her chips "Good night Daddy." "Good night Megan." Once she's out of sight, Alastor turns back to the scared demon that was out of sight from Meg "Well then..I must be more careful. It would be terrible for my daughter to see this much blood at a young age. Though I appreciate you keeping silent."

The demon nods a bit shakily, "Now then.." Alastor holds the bloody knife to his face "Shall I dispose of you?"
~
"Megan! Please stop teleporting!" Alastor stops running when Meg disappears in a portal again, the younger demon found out that she can make portals and has enjoyed going from one place to another.

Meg goes through another portal and Alastor catches her this time "Finally..!" Alastor breathes exhaustedly after running around for a long time trying to catch her. Meg laughs at this which makes Alastor raise a brow "You think that's funny?" He asks sitting on his chair and placing her in his lap, she nods with that little misbehaving child look.

Alastor laughs at that "Just like your mother.." he says "She was into mischief like you." He pokes her nose which makes Meg giggle "What was mommy like?" She asks, Alastor pretended to think. He didn't need to since he remembered everything about his wife, "Well now let's see..your mother was kind but man could she scare demons from miles. Just hearing her name struck fear into their hearts." He says.

Meg looks amazed at that "Really?!" She squeals "Yes she did." Alastor went on telling a lot of stories about him and his wife from when they were alive and when they were in hell. He told Meg about when he fell deeper in love with his wife after he died; she had punched him so hard that he crashed into a wall.

He looked down briefly at Meg to see her fast asleep in his lap, he smiles and carries her to her bed to tuck her in. Alastor brushes some of her hair away and smiles when she makes a soft sleeping sound.

Yes it's not easy being a parent, especially if you're the radio demon but it was so worth it.