EPILOGUE

"Can I have some clothes?" I ask, snapping Noya out of his trance as he quickly nodded and hurried towards his room, leaving the front door open. I sighed. "Man...and I thought I was dense," I whispered and listened to the click of the wood. I took off the leather jacket I was still wearing, exposing my bare arms to the cool air of the house.

"H-Here you go!" Noya said, startling me as I whipped around. He held out a big T-shirt and shorts that'd surly come down past my knees. I was bigger that him so this came as a surprise. His arm was straight and he didn't look my way.

"Thanks." I swapped the clothes with the jacket and I went in the direction of his room since I saw a bathroom right next to it. I quickly got changed and I rinsed my face with the sink water. My hair was now really messy and the clothes were just like the jacket except baggier.

"How'd he fall for this?" I chuckled to myself as I left the bathroom. He was setting up the couch with a blanket and I looked at him with confusion.

"O-Oh uhh, I don't have a guest room like you do...so you can sleep in mine." He scratched his head. "I'll crash on the couch—"

"Nope!" I stomped over to to him and grabbed his hand.

"W-What're you—"

"Not my style, man," I interrupted him with a wink as his face went beet red. I dragged him into his room with me and closed the door behind us.

"[Name] what? You're crazy!" I whined, backing up against his closet door. "I didn't know you were the type to play with another's feelings!"

"W-What?" I raised a brow. "What do you mean?"

"You can't just come to a boys house after he confessed to you and tell them to sleep with you!" he screamed. I blinked before my throat exhaled a laugh.

"I'm not a-asking you to do that! I just didn't feel like you should sleep on the couch when I invited myself over!" I explained, a snicker to follow as I dropped on the edge of his bed. "Jeez you pervert! I'm not that stupid!"

"O-Oh...hehe..." He laughed weakly. I sighed before reaching over to him. I took both of his hands in mine and I didn't think about what I wanted to do before I actually did it.

I connected our lips together.

I haven't had my first kiss, and I didn't know if I was doing it right, but I felt like actions spoke louder than words. And as soon as I initiated it, I broke away. Now it was my turn to get flustered.

"Ah, I um..." All words failed me when I glanced up at his cute face. His hazel eyes looked like two harvest moons staring down at me and his pink lips were slightly separated. His blush calmed down a little bit but there was still a dust of red on his cheeks. We stared at each other, and slowly his face had showed the stages of realization.

"[Name] you..." His mouth curled upwards. "You love me too!" He laughed as his smile forced his eyes closed. I rolled my eyes and wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

"Took you long enough to catch on you dunce," I pouted. He snarled his arms around my waist and nuzzled himself against me.

"C-Can I kiss you?" he muttered. A smile bloomed as I nodded.

His lips were soft and warm as well as his touch. It felt like he's been restraining himself as his hands slid up my shirt and traced circles on my bare back. His mouth wasn't letting up either. His touch seemed desperate but patient, as if he was asking for permission to let him in but careful to control himself for my sake.

     I smiled as I pushed his arms away then broke the kiss. He blinked before burying his face in his hands, my own still holding on to his wrists.

     "I-I'm sorry," he stammered. I chuckled as I hugged him once again.

     "Let's go to sleep."

{~}

     Eiji and I were running to the high school with big smiles on our faces and a paper in my hand.

     We ran around the corner and the school was in sight now.
___

     Eiji texted me, telling me to tell him where I was and I was at the base of the hill in which we live. Not even a few minutes later he barreled into me with an excited aura around him. Ever since I had mental breakdown he's been more kinder and supportive of me. Before he'd been forcing himself to bottle things up until he knew where I stood. I'm glad he can talk with me normally now.

     "[Name]! You'll never believe it!"
___

     I slammed open the gym door heaving with Eiji catching up behind me.

     "[Name]!" Some of them shouted as they all dropped what they were doing and jogged up to me.

     "S-Sorry to interrupt but I couldn't...couldn't wait.." I huffed.

     "[Nickname] calm down! You'll hyperventilate!" Yuū said worriedly as he patted my back.

     "What's the news?" Coach Ukai asked, crossing his arms and making everyone go silent. A wide smile spread across my face.

     "IM GOING TO NATIONALS IN TOKYO!" I state proudly. "And it's the same week y'all play in the tournaments so I was gonna ask if Eiji and I can catch a ride with—"

     "YES!" They shouted with glee. I blinked before Yuū gave me a hug and a peck on the lips and celebrated with everyone else.

     Everything was just as perfect as can be. Mom and Dad are coming back from  Europe, I was getting along with my brother again, I have a cute and amazing boyfriend in which I love really much, and me and my friends hard work are finally paying off and we're all going to nationals!

     Everything is feels so right!

     I wasn't alone, and I never was.

     Thank you everyone.

     And thank you Nishinoya Yuū. I love you so goddamn much.

~{END}~

_______________________________________
And that's it folks. I hope you enjoy this little fun project of mine and don't be afraid to leave a comment!!

Tell me what I should do next (Besides KiriBaku please cause I got like 15 stories. I love the ship but that's too many).

Hoped you liked my first Haikyu fanfiction! By my lovelies!

<3

Published January 25 2020
Edited December 17 2022