Robin X Nancy : Chapter 2

[ after school ]

[ text from Nancy ] Hey , It's Nancy My address is 100 Farler Road , 12358

[ robin texts back ] Thanks , Ill see you there .

Robin takes her scooter and drives off to her house .

- Robin knocks on Nancy's door-

N. Hey Robin , come inside we can work on the project in my room

R.  [ POV ] : As I walk to her room , her house seem so perfect . She had everything a family , an amazing house , and she was beutiful and smart and I could go on and on about her.

R.  Wow , your house is amazing .

N. Thanks . So she would work on the project .

R. Ya .

- as they start to finish up the project they hear a loud slam of a door -

R. [ POV ] : I could see Nancy was growing nervous as we could hear steps approaching . So I tried calming her down. Then she exited the room and I put my head against the door to hear what was going on.

[ other side of door ]

Nancy's Father . YOU LITTLE BITCH ! YOU CANNOT HAVE F*CKING BOYFRIEND ! YOUR DIRTY LITTLE SLUT . I SAW YOU TWO LAST NIGHT !

R. [ POV ] : I could hear Nancy start to sob . And then it stopped . And I heard her father walk down the stairs . I then opened the door and found Nancy on the floor passed out . A tear fell down my face .

R.  nancy...

R. [ POV ] : I picked her up and put her on the bed . I got some cold water and put it on her face to try to get her to wake up. Then I started to see her eyes start to flicker and I felt relieved . She opened her eyes.

R. nancy... ?

N. I-Im sor-ry for t-that .. It's never been that bad . Ever since my mom left during the summer my father has been this way .Please don't tell anyone.

R. I promise I won't tell anyone . Have you told anyone about this ?

N. I've only told you and Steve but you guys wouldn't ever understand. Ive tried to stop him because it's gotten so bad and i don't want to get hurt again.

R. I think I do understand , ever since I was little my father would abuse me  . My father blamed me for the death of my mother because she had died giving birth to me . It was very hard on me . I tried to run away but it made things worse he would hit and say the worse things to be , I felt alone . But then a few years ago it got so bad I got sent to the principals office because of the marked on my body and I admitted everything to the principals. It was really hard on me to lose my dad but in the end I struggled a lot . I was addicted to meth and pain killers . I overdosed 3 times and my brother was forced to take care of me. I'm now 6months clean .

N. I can't believe you've gone through the same thing as I. It's been really hard not having anyone to talk to about this . And i've been feeling really depressed about it . Steve never listens to when I try talking to him about it cause he just doesn't understand. I love steve but it just never feels right with him.

R. " boys am i right."

Robin and Nancy stare at each other . As romantic tension grows . Robin interrupts.

R. I think it's time for me to go home . I'll see you tomorrow, text me if you need anything .

N. Bye !

As Nancy watches Robin leave she feels a bond between them two that keeps her up all night thinking about . She had finally come to the realization that maybe she wasn't totally alone .