CHAPTER 34

LUKE's POV;

"Haah!"I groan, my arms tensing, sweat spreading evenly on my hairy arms. 

"Haah!" I groan again, digging the dead soil with the shovel of my never-maintained- lawn. 

Judi stationed beside me, pulling the useless weeds she eyes me playfully. I know why she's smirking because I agreed in cleaning my dead lawn. 

I debated a lot but her points being more valid I had to agree. She advised me that gardening makes her calm and helps her forget the world. Yeah, I agreed only for this reason because I really wanted to get my head busy. There is no harm in trying, so here I am plowing Mother Earth. 

After the plowing, watering, and composting, my lawn looks more organised than ever. Judi was right, the neatness somehow made my mood light. Gardening does help, I make a mental note. 

Judi sits on the stairs beside me, freeing her fingers from the muddy gloves, wiping the beads of perspiration accumulated on her forehead with the back of her palm. 

It's been a while since Hannah's birthday. That day, a single day could weigh so many events. It was clearly not my day, surely GOD planned something better for me. 

Trust HIM, Luke!

                                                     xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My mini-study covers papers, charts, stationary lying aimlessly on the table. Judith sits across from me staring at the blueprints of our science project which Thomson gave.I didn't tell her nor did she ask. Her hair sits tightly on a top bun unlike her. 

"Do you think this blueprint is enough?Just by placing a model is enough? NO! We need to have a detailed study about this?" She questions sternly, placing the white sheet under my view.

I shake my head disagreeing. 

"So tomorrow we are heading to the library."She instructs her tone still stern. 

"We can ask google." I suggest. 

"Everyone uses google, Luke. Our ideas might be similar to someone else. Books are the only source we can obtain valid points."

"Books in the library are very old." I argue.Realizing Thomson would have picked it up from his own collection. 

"Okay, if we need help we'll ask google.But before that, we'll purely rely on books."

"Okay." I'm too tired to answer.

The doorbell rings softly. 

I head downstairs expecting Zedd's face behind the door. I swing open the door revealing two people with similar features as mine.

My face shrinks realizing who they are, my eyes swims between them, a sour feeling rising in my stomach. Both masked soft looks, they glance at each other and the grey-haired man smiles at me. A sob broke out from my mouth as I gush into my Dad's arms. Tears clouded my visions, flowing endlessly from my face wetting my Dad's shoulders. Mom sobs beside me, I pull her into an embrace, the three of us as a Family all united at our very doorstep. 

My heart melts, melting down into tears. I hug them back, so tightly like a child not wanting to leave his parents. The sour memories fading away with tears my eyes squeezing them out. They came back for me, they came back. That was all I wanted. A million questions arise from my side but it fades away, the only answer satisfying me,' The Act Of Forgiveness.'

The thought brings a smile from my heart, the true genuine smile. My LORD answered my prayers! He is so awesome, that he could even change my parent's hearts. I cried more but this time it was all out of pure joy.THANK YOU JESUS!!!!

I allow them to occupy the living room, their eyes roaming around the place.

I hear footsteps descending down the stairs, my mind clicks, Judi. She innocently peeps into the living room, my parents' faces bloom at the sight of her. She shifts nervously not knowing what to do. 

"Mom, Dad this is Judi...I mean Judith. Judi, this is my parents." I introduce myself awkwardly.

"Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Marshall." She greets, her cheeks heating up.

"Hello, Judith." Dad responds.

Mom still amused stares at her and then speaks," Hi Judi, you can call me Emma.Come sit here." She pats at the couch beside her. 

"What are you doing here Judi?" Mom glances at me mischievously.

"We are partners in the science project so we were working on it." She answers earnestly not knowing mother's double-minded question. 

"Ooooh!" Mom still masked mischief. 

Judi glances at the clock her expression turns worried. 

"I'm sorry I need to leave. It's gonna be six real soon." She protests.

"Sweetheart tomorrow is the weekend anyway, you can spend the night here."

"Emma, I need to go to church." Judi admits.

Mom frowns then slowly nods. 

Judi stands to leave saying, "It's an honor to meet the Marshalls."

"My pleasure." Dad smirks. 

"Baby, why don't you go drop her."Mom's questions direct towards me. 

"It's fine, my house is just a few blocks away."

"No! It's getting dark and I can't afford to send you alone."Mom protests. 

Judith nods after my mom's strange rise in tone. 

"What do you mean by its an honor to meet the Marshalls."I ask once in the driveway of her house. 

"I've read about your parents' successful business." 

"In the papers." She adds. 

"Judi, I'm soo happy they came back!I don't know how to be Thankful to JESUS, he changed my parents. The same parents who wanted me behind bars."

"That's how it is Luke, he listens to our prayers.He loves you more than you can ever imagine."Her words bubbled a fuzzy feeling inside me. 

"I got my family back and I'm full." Tears brimmed my eyes. 

"You should be and I'm happy for you. Keep praying, bring them close to him."

"I will."

I head home straight my heart pounding excitedly. 

We prepare dinner together, binge-watch movies, our laughter echoing in our empty home. 

I sleep peacefully, the fear of loneliness away as I lie between their warm care. 

"Thank you, LORD." I whisper, my mom's fingers tap my shoulders to slumber.

                                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"LORD, I CAN'T BUT YOU CAN."

{JF Abraham}