Chapter Nine

-One Week till the Derby-

Our next stop was the big stage, the Kentucky Derby. We took Bubba to Churchill, but we didn't work him once. After a strong performance in the Blue Grass we decided to let him rest up. The post draw is tomorrow, and a full field of 20.

Many people have started to have hope in the only foal of Emily The First, but there was still the likes of Rundown, I Will Remember, Artistic and Palace Illusion. Among others being, Santa Anita Derby winner, Lucky Belief, a half to both 2014 Derby & Preakness champion California Chrome and Pacific Classic and 2013 Eclipse Champion 2 Year Old, Shared Belief. His sire being Lucky Pulpit and his dam being Common Hope. He had been a star in California through his whole career.

Caitlyn had brought her Kentucky Oaks contender as well, and we both hoped that our hopeful champions break through at the historic Churchill Downs.

-Post Draw-

"Welcome to the Kentucky Derby post draw, we will call your name and you will have a choice of the final posts available to chose from, good luck to everyone."

I knew Bubba was going to be one of the last, so a good post isn't likely in out future. I Will a Remember and Rundown will end up with great posts.

"I Will Remember." They called and the owners had a mini conference before one of then walked up and put their silks on the ten post. "I Will Remember, owned and bred by Winstar Farm, will be set off at 3-1 on the Morning Line, his rider, Joe Talamoe."

Ten was a good post, I Will Remember loves to be in the middle of the field, if he gets a rough start he will bounce back furiously.

"Rundown." The owners of Rundown immediately stood up and walked to the board and placed their silks on the twelve post. "Rundown, owned by Stonestreet Farm, will be set off at odds of 5-1 and ridden by Mike Smith."

One after another, posts got taken up and soon the best got stolen and finally we were called.

"The Only Prince." It seemed like everyone looks at us, we owned the longshot. I looked at Jack and he nodded to me. The final posts open were, twenty, nineteen, seventeen and fifteen. Caitlyn pat my shoulder and smiled at me an I finally stood up, grabbed our silks and put then on the