||4.||

•||Ch4: Her Future||•

||Izzah POV||

I combed my hair absentmindedly as my mind went back to dad's behavior. His strange behavior was disturbing me and didn't let me sleep last night. I sighed and looked at my reflection in the mirror and applied foundation under my eyes to hide the dark circles.

"Innaya?" I called her who was sitting on my bed and typing on her laptop.

She hummed quietly without looking away from her laptop. I picked my bangles from the box and slipped my right hand in it then turned around and faced her. 

"Did you notice dad's behavior?" I asked her, slowly.

She looked up from her laptop for a second then looked back at her laptop and pressed her lips together before looking back up at me. 

"You know after everything he is… disturbed and worried about both of us," She answered with a sad smile. 

I nodded my head slowly and walked to the couch where my coat and stethoscope was. I debated whether to tell her about what I saw last night in his office or not. 

"What is it, Izzy?" She asked me when I sighed. 

I picked my coat and stethoscope along with my bag then turned back to look at her. She was again typing on her laptop; her hands were moving at lightning speed. I rolled my eyes at my workaholic sister and a small smile stretched on my lips but it faded quickly when I answered her question. 

"Last night, I saw him with a briefcase full of money and heard him talking to someone that it was too much. Or would you rather say that I caught him. But… maybe. Maybe I am overreacting and… this isn't anything just my stupid thoughts."

I watched her stopped typing and her head jerked up to look at me. She put her laptop aside and looked at me with curiosity. 

"What do you think about it?" She asked me carefully. 

"Do you think someone sent him money for something in exchange?" I asked her what was in my mind. 

She pressed her lips in a thin line and nodded her head. She looked at her lap and drowned in her thoughts deeply before looking back at me.

"Maybe it's nothing, Izzah. But I'll try to find if it is something else," She told me, softly. 

I smiled at her and looked at the time before turning my attention back to her. 

"Take care, Innaya!" 

With that I walked out of my room and walked down the stairs to the hall. I walked to the kitchen and picked an apple before walking out of the house. 

"Izzah ma'am!" 

I stopped when guard called me from behind. He approached me with his gun in his hand and stood in front of me.