Chapter 7- Batman vs Robin Part one

I'M ALIVE!!!! Sorry for the Hiatus guys. I've been reading all the comments which is why I'm back! Hope you guys enjoy the chapter. Don't forget to like and comment!!

SPOILER WARNING ⚠️: If you have not watched the Batman vs Robin animated movie there will be spoilers. You have been warned.

BTW: I'll change a few of the details of the movie for the sake of the story. Okay I'll stop bothering you guys now. Enjoy! 😉

It was like any other evening in the Wayne manor, or more specifically, beneath it. Bruce was out late doing adult business while his offspring was in front of the batcomputer, researching a peculiar case of missing children, frustration evident on his face. Files and papers were neatly stacked beside the keyboard but that was of no importance to Damian because in a moment of frustration he pushed them off, causing a mess in the cave. He didn't bother picking them up, he just stared at the screen before him, thinking of what it was that he was missing. Damian analyzed the pictures of the missing children, some next to their family.

"What am I missing?" he mumbled to himself.

A cup of hot chocolate was placed next to his hand. He looks up and locks eyes with a girl with blue eyes, a smirk on her face.

"Don't worry it's vegan." she smiles, taking a sip of her own mug.

"Should it matter? I'm not vegan." he takes a sip of the drink and reverts back to his work.

"Oh, that's right." she laughs nervously. "Not yet..." she mumbled the last part.

Damian raises an eyebrow in confusion, confused as to why he would become vegan.

"I have a little something for you." she slides a folder.

He opens the file and inside are bills. He realizes it's the credit card bills of the parents of the missing children. Each page has a payment highlighted. They are all toys.

"How did you obtain this?" he questioned.

"I was looking up the families... ended up getting distracted, then somehow ended up hacking into their bank accounts. Thank god I was using a VPN, I don't need the FBI on my tail again."

"...again?"

"I- I don't want to talk about it." she starts typing on the batcomputer. "Anyways if you look at these pictures taken a few days before their kidnapping, they are all holding toys." she zooms into the emblem on the foot of a girl blonde doll and brunette doll. They are the same emblem. 

"They are all from Schott's Toys, a company that no longer exist. Apparently the owner was a man named Winslow Schott, a psychopathic killer who was sent to jail twelve years ago, his son took over his business after him, until a flood happened. I found out that they have been buying these toys from a third party website with no information other than the picture of the toys. I find it odd that they resurfaced all of a sudden when these kids went missing."

Damian took over the computer and traced down the factory that produced the toys. It was located in a small town called Ichabod, 60 miles from Gotham City. The town was washed out by a flood three years ago, leaving no room for suspicious activity.

How had he overlooked such a small, yet important detail. It could be nothing but the coincidence is too great to ignore. He put on his domino mask and walked over to the Batmobile.

"I'm heading out." he said, jumping into the car. "I'll send father a report to meet up with me later."

"Stay safe! Try not to beat the enemy to a pulp!"

"No promises." the top of batmobile closed and he was out in a flash.

Cordelia chuckled, Bruce was never going to let them hear the end of this. She picked up the mugs and headed upstairs, maybe she could make some cookies to lessen Bruce's anger.

-

-

-

-

-

Later that night Bruce and Damian came back from their mission, upset. They didn't look at each other. Cordelia and Alfred seemed to have noticed.

Cordelia takes the cookies that she baked and offered it to them in hopes that they'd forget their troubles. It didn't help. They took a cookie and went their separate ways. She sighed and hoped this tension would be over soon. If she was correct it seems like there's nothing she could do because there's only going to be more tension from here on out.

If she could remember correctly they are now in the Batman vs Robin movie arc. She's conflicted. At times like this, she sometimes wishes she didn't know what was going to happen. Usually it's fine, but for the great events like the court of owls, she knows what's going to happen. No good guy dies in this arc, thankfully, but she doesn't want to witness Bruce and Damian's relationship cripple right before her. She shakes her head.

"What's important is the present." she mumbled to herself and heads to Damian's room.

She arrives and knocks. A "come in" was heard and she walked in.

"It's odd for you to knock." he says sarcastically. He was sitting on his bed with his arms crossed, looking straight ahead.

"You looked upset, so I'm here to annoy your problems away." she jumps on his bed and lays down next to him.

"I think you will only add to my stress." he huffed, turning to look at her. He looked into her eyes and said nothing.

"You know, he may not show it too often but Bruce cares for you." she grabs his hand but he yanked it away.

"How would you know." it came out more like a statement than a question.

She tried to pretend like that didn't hurt her feelings. "I know a lot of things, as you know, but for the sake of not destroying the timeline, I avoid involving myself or saying too much. So trust me when I say Bruce cares, and if it makes you feel any better, I care for you as well." she sits up and begins to walk toward the door.

"Goodnight Damian."

"Wait-- Cordelia!" this outburst surprised her as equally at it surprised him. He stood there for what felt like minutes when it had only been seconds. She walked over and sat on the edge of his bed waiting for his response.

"I apologize, what I did earlier was rude--" he was engulfed in a hug causing him to stop talking.

"It's okay," she released him, "but the apology is not accepted."

"Wha--?" he was taken aback. "Why?"

"Because I like annoying you." she quickly kissed his cheek and headed toward the door.

"Goodnight baby-cheeks!" she laughed winking at him before closing the door.

"Don't call me that!" he huffed hearing her laugh slowly fade away as she walked.

He turned off the lamp next to his bed. He closed his eyes, not realizing the smile that had creeped on his face before drifting to sleep.

To be continued....

Don't forget to comment!