Chapter Three: Answers

Head wounds were not fun to deal with, whether the recipient were elf or human. Anna wasn't too sure exactly when she'd decided to pass out, but when she woke she was no longer being carried like a princess. Instead, she found herself on top of one of the comfiest beds she'd ever laid on, and that was including Shannon's memory foam mattress. The thought made her flinch ever so slightly. Her second death was still far too fresh, and she'd never really gotten over her first. She hadn't spent enough time in the Halls of Mandos for that. She hadn't regained the primitive innocence and grace of the eldar... if she'd ever had any of the latter to begin with... well, she didn't think she had, but perhaps her time amongst mortals had impacted that. Either that or she was just sent back because of him. Because he was too important. Anna sighed, gingerly reaching up to touch at the bandages wrapped around her temples. Sure, elvish healing was far quicker than that of the edain, but it didn't mean all wounds vanished after one healing session.

Still, at least her head wasn't pounding as much as before. She could barely remember having a headache like the one she had before her first death.

The sound of her name was static to her ears as her head ached. "Are you well?"

"I am fine," she grumbled, looking determinedly away from the golden-haired ellon creeping ever closer. His concerned stare made her stomach flip and her cheeks redden – there was no way she was going to let him see that last reaction though. "Stop hovering around. All is well, so be on your way."

She tried to reassure herself it wasn't disappointment she felt when he did as she'd asked.

Anna buried her face in her hands, groaning quietly. She didn't want to remember things like that. Didn't want to remember how much of a shy and cowardly elleth she'd been when it came to her feelings for a stupidly sacrificial golden-haired idiot. Really, living as one of the edain for thirty odd years had really changed her perspectives on things. Something that would no doubt be integrated back into her elvish mindset soon enough – so she'd stop thinking of them as separate. Anna, that name was part of her, part of the elleth whose name she couldn't remember.

She felt lost. She was lost. All because she couldn't remember two measly names. Though they weren't really all that measly. They were important. So important... and she loathed the fact she couldn't recall them.

The door clicking open had her eyes snapping back open, the hairs on the back of her neck prickling as two unfamiliar elves walked in close behind one another, the lady bringing in a cup of a drink she knew to contain medicinal herbs. The smell was certainly strong enough. They were both dark-haired, just as both Elladan and Elrohir had been, and Anna had the distinct impression they were related, both to the twins she'd met and each other.

"You have woken," the lady spoke, pressing the cup into her hands, and Anna took it without protest. Her mind was oddly numb despite the obnoxious pounding in her head. "I am glad. My brothers feared you might not wake again because they did not find you soon enough..."

Anna blinked, staring between the cup laced with pain relief and numerous other types of herbs she couldn't quite place. She'd been a warrior rather than a healer for a good reason, despite the number of incidents which brought her in front of one. That number was irritatingly high, and she had a horrible feeling it'd only grow higher with the days ahead of her.

"Drink. Your head hurts, does it not?" the lady continued, and Anna sipped from the cup, barely tasting the wonderful concoction. Medicine never tasted nice.

Her tongue felt heavy as the words rolled from it. "Who are you exactly?"

"I am Arwen. Well met, Anna," she spoke, smiling widely, and Anna was reminded painfully how beautiful the eldar were. Well, compared to the mortals she'd been living with for the last few years. "My brothers spoke to me about you," she explained, before gesturing to the taller elf standing by her side. "This is my father, Lord Elrond, who wishes to speak with you... especially regarding your memory difficulties."