Chapter 2

This will probably just be a crap ton of shirbert fluff but who cares, not me!  

-

-

       The first weekend came hurtling towards Anne and Gilbert. Before they knew it, they were arriving it Avonlea. Both longed to see each other, but knew they had to wait until the time they had planned to meet by Anne's old story club clubhouse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Gilbert-

       Gilbert stepped inside his house and Bash ran around the corner screaming "It's Blythe! E's backkkkkk!"

       Gilbert's face suddenly flashed a look of nervousness and his face turned bright red thinking about explaining Anne to Bash. He knew Bash was a good friend, but he also knew he was about to be teased mercilessly.

       "OoOoOoh Blythe, what's got you red as a carrot" Bash said with a mocking smile. Gilbert was shocked, how could he have guessed? "Oh so I'm right aren't I? Got your tongue tied up in a knot, have you? Did I wiiiiiiiin?" 

       If he was not already red, he somehow turned an even deeper shade of scarlet. "Let's sit down for a minute and speak." Gilbert said, attempting to remain composed, "Stop dancing around like a child that has gotten their wish" Gilbert said, trying, and failing, to sound annoyed. "Oh but Blythe I believe I HAVE gotten my wishes and prayers answered, but sure. Let's sit down and you can tell me everything" Bash replied, taking a long sip of tea.

       Gilbert thought a minute on how to word what he was about to say. "Well," he began, "As you know, I ended everything with Winnifred and went to tell Anne, remember?" he asked questioningly. "Oh Blythe of course I remember EVERYTHING I can about shir-you and Anne," he replied calmly. "Oh. Ok. Well she wasn't there and she didn't read my letter-" Bash cut in "Ah yes, you two are so unfortunate when it comes to letters, as I have heard." He took another long sip of tea.

       "Would you mind letting me actually finish?" Gilbert said, increasingly agrivated at the interuptance. "Of course Blythe, you may continue." 

"-I wasn't asking for your- fine. Well after I got on the train, Diana came over and started yelling at me, and she said Anne LOVED me! Not just liked me, LOVED ME. I couldn't believe my ears so I hopped out the window, and ran to Anne's boarding house." Gilbert paused for a moment to allow Bash to speak. "Why of course she loves you Blythe, I thought you was supposed to be smart." Bash said, wondering how Gilbert had been so clueless.

       "Well anyways, when I got to her boarding house, she was running out the door with her hair fallen down around her face and a suitcase in her hand. She looked so beautiful and I jus-" he quickly stopped with a smirk from Bash, "I walked over to her and then couldn't help it. She looked up at me and I quickly leaned in to kiss her. When I pulled away, I was somehow sure she would conjure up a slate and wack me over the head. But she didn't. She just said one word that shocked me, ouch." Gilbert stopped talking as Bash fell out of his seat. He was laughing so hard tears were streaming down his face, "Blythe sh-sh-sh-she said ou-ouc-ou-ouch!?" Bash laughed for 5 or so minutes before calming down to see the annoyed expression on Gilberts face.

       Bash quickly sat up, sat down, and asked Gilbert "Why did she say ouch?" Gilbert made sure Bash was ready to listen before continuing. "She said ouch because she had pinched herself to make sure it was real. I wanted to be sure, so I asked if she truly had feelings for me [Bash facepalmed] And she kissed me again! It was the most amazing kiss I have ever had!" Gilbert said happily. "And how's that Blythe you've only had 2," Bash replied snootily. "No I haven't, I have had 3 thank you very much." Bash looked surprised "Oh and who was that 3rd one with," Gilbert looked at him, "Anne, but you didn't let me finish! I could have stayed there for days, but the bell chimed and the Barry's arrived so we had to say goodbye.

       Bash looked at him in surprise "Oh so the Barry's saw this?" Gilbert flushed red, "Well not THAT one. The cart was about to pull away when I jumped out and kissed her one last time.

       Bash muttered something that Gilbert couldn't hear, but many would have heard as "About time, the shirbert ship has finally sailed," Gilbert looked at him, "What did you say Bash?" Bash looked up after realizing Gilbert had heard him, "Oh nothing, I'm very happy for you!"

       The rest of the day Gilbert helped around the house, and when he fell asleep, all he thought about was seeing Anne the next day.

-

-

-

Hope that was alright. Please vote/follow and give suggestions for chapter names/plots!!!