Chapter 3

Anne

-

       Anne glanced at the clock. Her heart jumped with joy, it was time to go to see her beloved Gilbert! "I'm going for a stroll, be back later!" Anne yelled up to Marilla. 

       Anne raced to her old story house and saw him. Gilbert. The boy she had dreamt of since their parting. "Gil, I'm here." she whispered.

       The curly headed boy turned around and ran towards her. He swung Anne around before pulling her into a long, deep kiss that made both of them long for more. Suddenly, Anne broke away, a memory came into mind.

       What if she got pregnant from kissing Gilbert!? Anne's face flooded with worry and Gilbert looked at her with a confused expression, wondering why she had backed up.

       Gilbert began questioning her concerned "Anne, what's wrong? Did I do something? Wha-" Anne cut him off, her voice barely above a whisper, "What if-" she flushed scarlet.

       Gilbert noticed she was embarassed by something and calmly asked her, "What is it darling, you know you can ask me anything, right?"

       "What if... what if I get... pregnantfromkissingyou!" she blurted out. Gilbert turned pink, realizing what he was going to have to tell her.

       "Anne, you won't have a baby from kissing somebody. Don't worry, I swear." Gilbert said. Anne noticably sighed in relief. "Good," she said, "How DO you have a child though? I just want to make sure we don't accidently do something to have one now!" she looked at him questioningly. "Are you blushing Gilbert?" she smirked.

       "Are you sure you want ME to tell you?" Gilbert asked, clinging to hope she said no. "Yes, I am sure Gil. As you said, I can ask you ANYTHING."

       About 10 minutes later, Anne looked around with stunned embarassment showing on her face so clearly, it may have been written in words. "i'm sorry i made you explain that sorry," Anne said in a shy, quiet voice. Gilbert cleared his throat, "Sure, don't want you to worry about- that,"

       Anne suddenly threw her arms around Gilbert and whispered, "Thank you for explaining that even if it was," Anne cleared her throat, "awkward. No EXTREMELY awkward," Gilbert wrapped his arms around her and replied, "Anything for you Anne-girl,"