Chapter 17 Halloween Party part 3

( Your perspective )

I sat on my bed, disappointed. I can't go to the party without a costume...I need to go to this party because...Not only because Nick basically asked me on a date but...I need to have some fun to get my mind of the dream I had...who was that man in my dream...with the creepy white mask...and navy blue overalls...that looks like a mechanics attire...and...and that bloody knife
..that dream can't be real..can it? it was just a figment of my imagination, right? If it is so... Then why I feel like it's real...like a warning of something to come... I sat quietly on the bed, puzzled, ignoring Jess pacing back and forth, freaking out in the background. Jess stopped dead in her tracks. I looked up at her standing their. It was like a light bulb turned on as she turned to face me. " I have an I idea for the costume..." She says smiling brightly. I sighed. Oh great! Wonder what her amazing idea is? " We will make your costume!" She says getting her sowing kit and some cloth. I sat there staring at her. I tried not to laugh at her idea but I couldn't old it in and I burst out laughing. " Jess...You can't even sow a hole in your pants...how are you going to make a full costume in about... 23 minutes" i said whipping away the tears from laughing so hard. She rolled her eyes and said " Come on (Y/N) have a little faith " she says getting her supplies and putting it on the table. " Okay... I'm going to make you the best costume ever! Now go sit and watch TV for a little bit" she says pushing me out of the bedroom. " Hey! It's my room Jess..." I said as she pushes me out. " Don't worry (Y/N)...I promise I won't read through your dirty Wattpad stories..." She says mockingly. " Jess!" I said about to go back in the room but she slams the door in my face. I sighed in defeat. I guess...I have to wait. I sat on the couch and grabbed the remote and put on a movie to watch while I wait for Jess to finish her ' master piece '. As time went on I heard Jess cussing and stuff being thrown in the room out of annoyance...I tried to go in the room but Jess locked the damn door. I was stressed the whole time...not relaxed what so ever. Finally the door bursted open and she smiles at me and says " it's finished!" I ran past her into the room. " What happened? Is my stuff okay!" I yelled looking around the room to see if anything broke. Then my attention was drawn to the middle of the room. A beautiful white cocktail dress stood before me. I gasped. " Is.. this...for me" I said shocked. It was a beautiful white cocktail dress with a gold trim at the bottom. " You...made this?" I asked surprised, turning to face her. " No..I made this " she says and turns to the closet and opens it. There was a dress or at least I think it was....it was just cloth stitched together into a dress with glitter. " Then...where did you get this dress?" I questioned looking back at the beautiful dress. " Well originally it was your birthday present but...you need it know so I decided to give it to you now...after getting really frustrated" she chuckled. I gave her a huge, scqueezing her tightly. " Thank you Jessica..." I said about to cry. She was taken aback at first then she hugs me back just as tight. " Oh I have something else, I need to give you" Jess says looking through her suitcase. She pulls out a shoe box and walked up to me, hiding it behind her back. " This is something...your mom wanted to give but...you didn't have the time to go to the hospital so...she asked me to give you" she says handing it to me. I took it and opened the box. I gasped. Inside were beautiful heeled white shoes with a golden flower on the sides. I took the shoes out of the box to look at them when a piece of paper fell out of the box. Huh? I put the shoes back into the box and bent down and picked the paper. I opened the paper. It was a letter written to me by my mom.
Dear (Y/N)
I know...you don't want to speak to me but I have to give you this before I die.... these shoes were the shoes your father gave me at our wedding and...I thought you would like to have it...to remind you of the good person your father was and to remember me by...I know I should have been there when you needed me most and have been more understanding....but I want you to know... I'm sorry...and I love you so much my beautiful baby girl...and happy birthday
Love, Mommy
Ps, look in the box again
I put the note down...tears falling from my eyes. I looked in the box and saw a little hair pin. It was a golden flower that matched the flower on the shoes. I can't believe she wanted to give this to me...after everything I said to her. Jess hugs me and hug her back.
" Alright girl, no time for tears ,now hurry up it put it on, Nick will be here soon" Jess says handing me the dress and pushing me into the bathroom. I changed into the beautiful dress and it fit me like a glove. I put on some make up and put my hair up in a messy bun with a golden flower pin in it. I put the shoes and they fit perfectly. I came out of the bathroom. " So what do you think...." I asked Jess. She smiled and said " you look as beautiful as an angel " I chuckled. " Thank you Jess...your the best" I said about to cry again. " No don't cry... you'll mess up your makeup...but thank you" she says trying to make me happier. Suddenly the door bell rang

* Ding * * Dong *

" Omg he's here! " I said panicked. " Don't worry girl you look perfect...now go get your man" she says encouragingly. I sighed and went to the door. I opened the door to see Nick in a black and blue tuxedo. On his face he wore a blue and gold with a white feather on top of the mask like a masquerade party mask. I looked down to his feet were his shoes looked like the were made of pure gold. " Uh...hey Nick.." I said nervously. He did not answer just stared at me up and down causing me to be uncomfortable. " Uh...you think it's a little much? " I asked him nervously. " What! No no no....you look perfect!" Nick said taking me aback by his words. He realized what he had said and started blushing. I blushed as well. " Oh...well...thank you..." I said moving a piece of hair behind my ear. We stayed in silence for a little while. Jess cleared her throat and I looked over to her. She mouthed go on. " So... let's go..." I said taking Nick's hand then walked to his car. I never realized it until I looked back on it now...I was holding his hand as we walked to the car....We got in his car and driver to the old Myers house....

( To be continued....)