𓆩𝕀𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕕𝕦𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤𓆪

??? POV

»--------------------------------------•--------------------------------------«

I sighed in frustration as I sat at my desk in my home office, trying to debate on how I should word the next line of the paragraph I was currently writing. I was fairly deep in thought, enough that I didn't even notice the presence of my own eldest child on the other side of the office door, but that was quickly resolved when they came barreling through the doorway, both due to a combination of having had too many sugary snacks to eat throughout the day, as well as having not seen me since I had gotten home from performing my duties as one of the top ranked pro heroes in the country. Needless to say, I was definitely startled when they came through the door so suddenly before tackling me while I was still sitting in my chair, resulting in both of us tumbling down to the ground.

"Oof! You little rascal! How many times have I told you not to do that?" I coughed, out of breath from the brief tumble to the ground.

"But daddy, I was so excited to see you that I just couldn't wait any longer! Plus everyone else got to say hi to you today, so now it's my turn!" The culprit declared proudly in defeat as I chuckled, submitting to my defeat by the hands of my child. Before long, another figure had appeared in the doorway. But this time, the individual that was now standing in the doorway happened to be none other than my best friend and partner for life.

This person means more to me than you could ever know. They've been there for me at some of the worst moments in life, especially during my school days when a myriad of events went down during that time. I was fortunate enough to have met them in my lifetime, and even luckier still to have gotten married to them after everything had finally settled down all those years ago. However, this time was a little bit different, as they stood in the doorway defeated, having been unable to keep our eldest from bursting into my office just moments ago.

"I'm really sorry about them dear, I know you've been working hard on that autobiography of yours, I just wasn't able to contain them enough to keep them from getting into your office before you took a break from writing." My spouse said, sounding just as defeated as they looked when they first arrived at the office, and I chuckled at this, being more than familiar with our child's rambunctious personality.

"Nah, you don't need to apologize for that, it's my fault for not taking a break and coming out sooner to spend time with you guys." I said, sitting up while carefully picking up our child and moving them off of me before getting up fully so that I could fix my chair back into the correct position. My spouse nodded and left moments later after I assured them that I would watch our child since they were already here in my office. Shortly after that, I glanced over at my desk in order to make sure that nothing had fallen off of it during their little attack, noticing that a picture frame had fallen down flat on the surface of the desk. Thankfully since it only fell onto the surface of my desk, no part of it was damaged aside from picking up a bit of dust off of the desk, but that could easily be wiped off later. After a moment of checking the other areas of the frame to make sure that every other part was intact, I propped it back up onto its back stand, and this caught the attention of our child as they peeked over the top of my desk as much as their short stature would allow them to.

"Hey daddy, this picture of you in your hero costume is pretty old, right? Why do you look almost the exact same in the picture as you do now?" They asked while trying to get a better view of the photo, while both me and my spouse both chuckled at their attempts, and I picked up the photo before bringing it down to their level so that they could see it perfectly without having to look over my desk.