~Chapter 2~

~Clockwork~

I woke up to an empty bed but a bright day. "T-Toby? Are you here?" I said outpouring while stretching my arms. I felt our child kick once again but I suppose it's a good thing. Perhaps that means he'll be active. "Toby?" I called again as I made my way down the hall and the staircase. "If this is another prank, I swear to you Rogers, your child will have to visit your grave." I threatened. There was only silence. I sighed and fixed myself some eggs and bacon. I could see the waffle mix sitting open on the counter, so I know Toby was here. I finished cooking and brought my plate into the living room. "Do you think I should worry that Daddy isn't here?" I asked the baby. I was well aware that he could hear me, he just can't understand. I ate and watched TV until Toby surprised me when he burst through the door. Jeff followed behind him and both of them were bloody. Toby threw his bloody hatchets in a corner and sat on the couch, immediately ruining it's clean cushions. I glared but he must not have seen me because he was focused on taking off his shoes. They were covered in blood, dirt, and semi-melted snow. He pulled down his mouth piece, revealing probably the only clean part of his body. He removed his goggles and looked at me with a smile as clear as day. I returned it with a growl. How dare he?!?!

"Toby...you didn't do what I think you did? Did you?" I asked, trying to keep slightly calm. "Wha-what's wrong?" he laughed nervously. This is not a joke. "Do you think this is funny Toby?" I stood quickly to my feet. I could hear Jeff snickering in the background. I picked up the knife on the table and flung it behind me without looking. "Holy shit!!!" Jeff shouted. I peeked over my shoulder to see it landed in the wall...1 and 1/2 inch from his face. I turned my attention back to Toby. "You went killing without me didn't you!? I haven't been killing in weeks, why would you leave without me?" Some tears started to stream down my face. Suddenly, Christian came through the door. She had no blood and not one scratch on her skin. "That was terrible. Why on earth would that be consider a date, Jeff?" she stated while shaking. Jeff quickly reached out and covered her mouth. He laughed nervously. "Eheheh! Sooooo funny Christian! Please Clocky, continue your conversation. We're going to the room!" Jeff dragged her along quickly and left our sights. I turned back around to look at Toby. By this time, I wasn't angry; I was sad. "Am I not good enough anymore? Am I so bad, you bring someone who doesn't even like to kill along with you?" I said referring to Christian. "Clocky, whoa whoa whoa!" He grabbed me and pulled me into a deep hug. "Please stop stressing, it's bad for the baby. Listen, you can't go on a killing spree yet. You are a pregnant woman. This is for the health of the baby. Just a little longer, OK?" he said while comforting me. He pulled away and looked me in the eye. "Just wait Clockwork." he said. I nodded and headed up to bed while Toby took a shower.

"I'll show him I can handle myself." I whisphered to myself. Later that night, Toby was knocked out but I was ready to prove him wrong. I rolled over in the bed and cracked my eyes to see the alarm clock. 12:30 am. I rolled over gently, careful not to wake up Toby. I watched him for at least 5 minutes before slowly moving out of bed. I was never asleep to begin with. I planned this for an hour or two. I slipped on my jacket and boots and moved downstairs. The stairs didn't dare to creek, not with my slow movement. I smirked at this thought and continued on my way. I slowly moved out the door, closing it behind me. "Don't worry baby. Mommy were will take you to kill." I rubbed my enlarged stomach and traveled from the front yard to the snowy woods. "Who are they to tell me I can't kill because I'm pregnant? Do they not think Im capable? Am I as joke to them? To Toby?" I fussed under my breath. I felt the baby kick in that moment. I smiled and reached down to touch my stomach. "Thank you. I bet you don't think mommy is incapable." The baby kicked again as I said this. I chuckled and kept trudging through the snow. About 20 to 30 minutes later, I reached a lone driveway. Perfect. I didn't feel like traveling all the way into town and it's already 1:00 am. I need to make it home before Toby notices. "This'll have to do." I pulled the twin knives from my pocket and circled around the woods that enveloped the home. I emerged to the backyard and went straight to what looked like a dog house. Quickly as possible I climbed on the roof and tapped the house. I could hear a growl as a large German Shepherd emerged. Before it could turn, I jumped on it and slit it's furry neck. My stomach hurt from all the excitement but I know I can handle it.

I walked to the Backdoor and cut a hole in the screen. I pulled a hairpin from my head and picked the lock, effectively opening the screen and back door. Too fucking easy. I tried not to laugh when I entered the house. I was eager to end the lives of the unsuspecting residents. To witness all of the blood! Just as easy as I entered, I had already killed the pet, two twin children, one teenage boy, and a wife. The thing that is bothering me most is the husband. I know there must be one because I see the pictures around the bedroom. He's hiding. I sigh, removing my bloody knife from the wife's skull. I moved from the room and continued my search. Suddenly someone gripped my hair and slung me backwards! I caught my balance but not before my back slammed into the far wall of the bedroom. I looked to see the husband holding a shot gun. Aimed at me. I started laughing as he begged for me to shut up. "Look lady, Please leave me be! You've taken everything I love! Don't make me shoot you." He threatened, the gun shaking from his terrified grip. My laugh changed into a sadistic chuckle. "Are you really going to shoot me?" I asked innocently, approaching the gun slowly. "BACK off woman, I'm warning y-y-you!" He shivered uncontrollably. "Are you going to shoot a pregnant woman?" I asked, keeping my knives behind my back. I quickly dodged just as he took the shot. I threw one of my knives and it struck him in the chest.

He sunk to the ground, dropping the gun in his lap. I chuckled and turned to leave, until I heard it. The firing of the gun. The immense pain I felt. The final breath of my victim. The blackness as it took over my vision.