~Chapter 5~

This is the next to last time lapse in this story. Afterward, the story will start to pick up and the antagonist will be introduced.

5 years later

~Toby~

I ran my fingers through Clockwork's hair as she slept. Her heartbeats seemed to sync up with the sound of the living room TV downstairs. I twitched slightly and sighed, carefully reaching over to the nightstand. A few years ago, Slenderman perfected a sort of medication to help with my nervous ticks. As thankful as I were, I still chose not to take the pills. I only took them for times like this...

I don't want to wake Clocky.

Despite my efforts, the combined movement of twitching and noise of pills rattling made Clocky stir in her sleep. She stopped for a moment and I sighed in relief. Maybe she's going back to sleep. Suddenly there was a loud crash downstairs. Clocky's eyes fluttered open and smiled. "Morning Toby." She told me, a smile widening on my face as well. Before I could reply, there was a pitter-patter noise. I smiled knowing fully well who it was.

Moments later our six year old son Braiden came running in the room carrying his blanket in one hand and his stuffed cow moo moo in the other. I smirked at him as he looked all around. "Care to explain that noise this morning?" I asked, referring to the crash I heard a few minutes ago. He opened his mouth as if he was going to talk, then quickly shut it and furrowed his small brows. He opened his mouth again and then shut it, shaking his head. Braiden then gasped in realization. "Moo Moo did it." He shut his eyes and smiled, pleased with what was obviously a lie. I narrowed my eyes and glaced at Clockwork. She rolled her eyes and sighed, getting out of bed. 

She scooped Braiden up into her arms making him giggle. "Come on. Let's go see what moo moo did." She smirked. I laughed and got out of bed, following her downstairs. When we made it to the kitchen, she placed Braiden on his feet and gasped. I looked around her to see the remains of our blender spread out across the floor, broken glass everywhere.

Aww, it was a wedding gift.

Clockwork turned around and faced me just a Braiden hid behind my leg, peeking out to see her. She crossed her arms and arched an eyebrow. A small smile tried to etch on her face but she fought it off. I could tell she was trying to be a serious mom. I watched intently as she simply pointed in front of herself. Braiden sheepishly stepped out to face her, keeping his head down. "Braiden, did Moo moo really do this?" She asked him. "Mhmm." He kept his head down. Clocky looked at me and flashed a smile before going serious again. "Braiden." He looked up at her shyly and shook his head. "Braiden Connor Rogers."

Oh...middle name means business.

"Moo moo didn't do it mommy, I did it." He admitted. "But blanket told me to! Blanket said that it's better for the world when you break stuff." Clocky rolled her eyes and sighed. "Listen, just tell the truth next time OK?" she asked him. He nodded sheepishly. She smiled and kissed his forhead. She stood up straight and looked at the wall clock and smiled. "Listen up, it's almost 12:00 and I promised I'd hang out with Jane and Christian today. On top of that, I need to buy a new blender so yeah." I nodded and leaned over to receive my forhead kiss from her. She chuckled and headed upstairs. After taking a shower, she came back downstairs and hovered over me and Braiden as we watched cartoons on the living room TV. "Alrighty then, you two please be safe. Daddy the emergency numbers are on the fridge, don't forget to take your medicine. I love you!" She said as she went out the front door. "I won't forget!" I lied. "Love you too!"

The moment she pulled out of the yard, I looked at Braiden excitedly as he mirrored my look too. He knew what was coming next; It came every time Natalie left the house. "Hey Connor, wanna go out back and swing the hatchet?" I asked him. He lept up and ran upstairs to put on his shoes and jacket.