{Eproluge}

I tried to look for an answer in the mirror. But there was none.

My father had died at age nine, and now, at age 19, my mother had gone missing.

She'd promise me she'd never ever leave me. Where's that promise now?

She didn't come home from work that day. Sometimes I blame it on myself for calling the police too late. But that's just a natural reaction. Isn't it?

"ANGEL."

I look over to the attention of my doorway. My grandmother that I'm supposedly moving in with. My mom's mom. She was abusive to my mom, my family, and anyone she lays her eyes on. I used to call her Grandma J. But now it's just Juliet. I can't believe I actually thought of her as a grandmother once.

I'm staying with her until my mom shows up again. My mom doesn't want this, but she's my closest relative.

I wanted to stay with Katt, my best friend, But Juliet said no. Of course she did, she's never met them. My mom knew her parents, but that doesn't matter anymore, does it?

This is it.

This is the end.

"Yeah?" I whip around to her.

"It's "yes ma'am."" She rudely corrected me. "Are your things packed?"

"Yes." I sighed.

"Good. I'll meet you in the car, if you don't come in thirty, I'm leaving without you." She walked out of my doorway.

Like I wanted to go.

I'll never see anyone again. Not Katt, not my pets, that would be given to my neighbor who takes care of animals. I can't ever visit them. I'm going back to public school.

I started to cry. This isn't how I wanted my life to go. This is the punishment. This is MY punishment.

I felt a cool breeze from behind me.

My window was open to the back of my house. We had a forest. A deep, rich forest that I used to go hiking with my dad. When he could walk, anyway.

I'm not going down without a fucking fight. If this bitch wants me, she can find me.

I grabbed my smallest bag, full of my most important things, money, comfort items, a pair of clothes, you get the gist.

I took a deep breath.

Took a running start.

And Jumped.