Fairy Godmother.

Chapter 1. Fairy God-Mother.

Fairies are creatures of magic with a humanoid appearance. Their kingdom is located to the southern lands of our own. Their kingdom was much like our own having a monarch and hierarchy; the queen known as a "Titania" stands at the top.

The fairy kingdom, Wonderland is a Matriarchy and so it's more common fairies in female form than male. Our kingdom was patriarchy, the princes became heirs and the princesses are married off for political gain.

Drizella was the firstborn and would be married off first, only a male can inherit the family title. If mother doesn't have a son our uncle will take over as family head.

"Those beloved by the fairies are destined for a wealthy life," or so the saying goes. Fairies don't often interfere with the human kingdoms but when they do, those in their favor are sure to prosper.

Fairies help good-hearted people's dreams come true. They don't outright give you wealth but put you in a position for success, allowing them to take the final step. Of course, there are those that have failed to make the right choice and fell into poverty. The tale of the lazy girl was a prime example of that. One should always be kind-hearted and strive to do what they know to be right. That is the key to winning the heart of the fairies, should you pass their test of righteousness you would receive a great fortune.

It has been many years since the fae has interfered with the human kingdoms; the last time they did they put an entire kingdom to sleep.

Much like humans, there are fairies with bad intentions as well; we know them as "Bad Fairies." While fairies are mostly known for their blessings upon good-hearted people, bad fairies an infamous for their curses and antagonistic ways; they defy destiny.

The royal family once had fairies become the fairy godparents of their children – fairy godmothers mostly – to ensure good fortune befalls them.

"Good fortune huh?" I mumbled closing the book and returning it to the shelf. Books on fairies, magic, fairy godmothers the lot, I had spent weeks researching them. "To know my enemy's strength is to know their weakness" after all.

After much research I've made several observations; first off, one cannot simply acquire a fairy let alone one as a godmother. Your parents or guardians are the once that make contact with them to make the request. Secondly, only those adored by the fairies are giving considered eligible to receive blessings; favoritism was key in this case. Lastly, even if you have a fairy godmother they will not interfere in your life unless it's your destiny or you have passed their test of righteousness.

So saying Cinderella's parents at some point must have been in contact with fairies and won their favor and became their child's godmother. Godmothers were something only royals could have, it was rare for someone not of noble blood or destined for royalty to receive a fairy godmother. Cinderella no doubt was both these things. It would be just my luck that she was not only of noble birth but also destined to be the prince's bride.

The odds are stacking up against me. Fairies grant wishes to good people with pure hearts, someone like the protagonist Cindy. Mine is a selfish desire to hold on to the wealthy life I was born into. No good fairy would give me a second glance.

I sunk into the over-sized soft chair, I sighed looking around the family library. I was living someone else's fairy tale and after so much research it seemed that most fairy tales are history here.

My eyes longed on a pink book, "the fairy princess and the sleeping kingdom." it read. It was a watered-down retelling of the actual historical tale. It was the story of sleeping beauty the way this world remembers it.