Chapter two

Chapter two: (Riley's POV)

I had ten minutes till lunch followed by a free period and then French. The ten minutes went by and the bell rang. I grabbed my books and headed to my locker before going out to sit in the field where Ali and I usually do. 

I turned around after closing my locker to see Asher an inch away from me. He pushed me, slamming my back into the lockers, making me wince. "Ow!" I hissed. 

"Next time, help instead of giving me the answers or just don't." He aggressively placed the annotated sheet in my hand before glaring at me. 

"Okay, I'll do it. Next time." I said as I shoved the sheet against his chest. "But this time, keep it." I shoved him back and headed for the cafeteria. 

"Why are you helping me?" he shouted as I was halfway down the hallway. I knew what he was doing, trying to get rid of me by making me the center of attention which I hate being. 

"God knows, all I know is that you were my third-grade boyfriend and deep down inside..." I stopped as I walked over to him until I was an inch away. "He's still there." I had no clue what I was saying. "Not the one that pushed me off the swing, the one who bought me candy and a teddy bear with roses glued on because it didn't come with them," I said softly before walking away. It's not that deep, Riley. Relax.

"He's gone, Riley Blakely!" he shouted from across the hallway. I laughed before yelling back. 

"I'm not too sure he is!" before turning the corner and going to the stairs, heading to the ground floor to get to the cafeteria. 

Lunch went by way too quickly with Ali still thrilled about the Paris trip which has not yet been confirmed and Asher glaring at me from his table while Mason kept smiling and I'm very sure it wasn't meant to be for us but I don't know, Ali possibly? 

We headed to the room where we had our free period in and I managed to grab a book to read from my locker. Let It, Snow. A very good book is you ask me. I got to class and saw Ali sitting with Mason? 

"Excuse me?" I asked as I approached their table to see him charming her. If I said Asher was a player then Mason is next level. "Move, that's my seat." I furrowed my eyebrows at him. 

"There's a special reservation for you." Mason smiled while gesturing to the seat behind him with his eyes and just my luck, it was next to Asher. Great day, isn't it? 

"What do you want?" I groaned while setting my books down and taking a seat, moping already. 

"I didn't ask for this seat, it's not my fault my friend can't keep his dick in his pants." He is such a prick. 

"Who's friend is he? Yours. So who will I blame? You." I smiled at him sarcastically before plugging earphones in and blasting music only for him to pull one out. 

"Okay, at least help me out and keep me from third-wheeling?" he asked with slightly pleading eyes. 

"Why would I do that?" I shrugged before taking my earphone back, blasting music as he groaned. The teacher was walking in as Asher was walking out. 

"Right..." Mr. Brown sighed while strolling in, setting his books and laptop down on his desk. "Now who will get Mr. West for me?" his eyes trailed across the classroom, eyeing us all. I ducked my head down, hiding behind my book while praying he doesn't choose me. 

"Ms. Blakely, that's a lovely book. I'm afraid you're going to have to put it down and get Mr. West for me." He smiled at me. 

Annoying little brat.