Chapter three

Chapter three: (Asher's POV)

Mr. Walker was taking even longer than usual to come to class and I am one hundred percent sure it's a strategy of his to get the students excited and then ultimately tell us that we're not going anywhere. 

It's just not realistic for our school to take us to Paris. "Since when?" I heard Riley asking Allison something while Allison shushed her, smacking her arm aggressively. "Ow!" she rubbed her arm, seated in the seat in front of me while Mason went on about something besides me. 

"Are you even listening to me or are you admiring a certain brunette?" Mason nudged my elbow with his. 

"What the fuck has been up with you and pressing me about her?" I asked him, curious to know why lately he hasn't shut up about how I'm in love with Riley. I hate her. And she hates me. 

It's a hate-hate relationship. 

"Were you listening?" he gave me a pointed look. 

"No, but that has nothing to do with her. Why are you acting as someone told you-" I shut up as it dawned on me. "You've been hanging out with a certain brunette and she's filled your head up with the bullshit that she believes." I scoffed while shaking my head and laughing at how pathetic this was. 

"I can hear you." Allison turned to face me. "I didn't say anything," she shrugged before turning back to face the front as Mr. Walker entered. I gave Mason a look, speaking with my eyes and the faint blush and embarrassment on his face, gave his answer away clearly. 

"Okay, okay! Settle down everybody!" he exclaimed and the class immediately died down unlike usual since everyone wanted to know if we were going to Paris. I rolled my eyes at how pathetic the people were acting and listened in. "I've heard a few rumors that we'll be heading to Paris..." Mr. Walker began, "I would like to know who started that rumor. Any clue Mr. West?" 

What is with people thinking that I am some huge trouble maker? Well, I am, but that's beyond the point. 

"No clue at all, sir. But I'll ask the long-awaited question, are we going?" I stood up dramatically while Riley turned around in her chair and looked at me weirdly, before rolling her eyes and facing the front of the class again. 

He waited for a long, long moment of silence just for the sake of being dramatic. "Yes, we are indeed!" he spoke cheerfully as the class erupted in cheers. "Listen up now! There are some rules and instructions!" he clapped and everywhere actually listened. 

"We'll be leaving this Friday. The flight details will be emailed to you all as well as your parents. Make sure to bring your passports and all the things necessary. I'll be sending you all a list of things you require for the trip, make sure to check that, I will attach it in the email. We'll be in Paris for three weeks. It's a long time and we have a lot planned since your trip last year to Toulouse was canceled." 

People began getting excited while Allison squealed not so quietly while Riley smiled. "For the first half of the trip, we will be doing solely school activities and the second half is for you all to explore the city." People broke out into soft chattering. 

"One rule." Everyone fell dead silent. "No rooming with the opposite gender." 

As those words escaped his mouth, a domino effect of groans shot through the class. 

Well damn.

Tyler Davidson glanced around the class, giving certain people a look and I already knew what was going to happen in Paris, and it is not what Mr. Walker said, which automatically means I'm in.