Chapter four

Chapter four: (Riley's POV)

The bell rang and French was done and so was the school day. I went to my locker and put any books away that I didn't need to take home and began walking to the gate. "Heyyy!" Ali skipped beside me, linking her arm with mine. 

"What's wrong? Don't have your loverboy with you?" I teased as we walked together. 

"How rude of you to think I'd put a guy before you!" she argued while turning slightly. I followed her gaze to see Mason and Asher walking out the building behind us. My eyes met with Asher's and we both just glared before he rolled his eyes and broke away. "Paris is going to be fun! Don't you think?" Allison raised her eyebrows at me before narrowing her eyes down. 

"Disney is. And so if the Eiffel Tower. Nothing else. I'm just going because it's a chance to see the Eiffel tower glimmer and light up the night." I kind of have an obsession with the Eiffel Tower. It's the most beautiful piece of architecture to be created in my opinion and the way it glimmers for ten minutes in the hours is stunning to me. I even have a little Eiffel Tower with a switch to make it glimmer like that. 

My dad got that for me when he went to Paris for work. It's my prized possession. "You know according to the schedule, we don't see the Eiffel Tower until the last few days with the rest of the class. How are you going to go at night?" 

See, that's a good question that I did not think about but should have. 

I shrugged before answering, "I don't know. But I'm getting out of that hotel at two am and watching that show." I replied as we walked out the gates. I began my walk home as she headed over to her car where her mom came to pick her up. 

I waved bye to her and her mom and began my daily walk home. About three minutes into my walk, I felt someone walking behind me. I turned around slightly, just enough to see who it was. 

Asher West. 

My lovely neighbor and peer. 

How fucking cliche and ironic that we're neighbors am I right? 

It was nice when we were friends but now, not so much. "Hey loser," he said as he caught up with my pace. 

This is weird. 

He never talks to me while we're walking home. "What do you want, loser?" I asked as I kept walking, squinting slightly at the brightness of the sun. 

"Why do you think I want something from you?" he asked in confusion. 

"Wasn't your little plan to be a dick and shoo me away?" I asked nonchalantly while walking. He stopped walking and stood in my way. "You're standing in my way, loser." I squinted at the sun that was heavily blinding. He took a step closer to the point where he was towering over me and blocking the sun. 

"Now you're not going blind. Did you know? How?" he asked in confusion. 

"You forgot that I've known you for a long time. We used to be friends and as much as the word makes us cringe now, we knew each other inside out. Plus, you're easy to read." I shrugged before maneuvering my way around him and turning the corner to my street. 

"Am not," he argued. 

"Are too." I countered. "Look, let's just stay away from each other, okay? It worked for the past year and it should continue working. I don't want war going on between us when we're in Paris. I'm actually trying to enjoy this trip." I turned when I reached my house and looked at him.

"You just want the trip to be good so you can see the Eiffel tower. I don't get your deal with it," he scoffed. 

"There's a lot that I don't get about you, don't get me started on that list. So just leave me alone, alright? Glare at me and snicker comments all you want. Just don't talk to me." I sighed, leaning on my little gate we had.