34: HERE'S PLAN B.

Two heads are better than one.

           —African proverb.

.........................♥...........................

C H A P T E R 34:

The sight of the old family house brought some kind of unsettling feeling to May's stomach. She couldn't believe she once lived here with Edric and his family before they moved out.

The storey building looked like it was going to collapse any time soon with few cracks on the wall and the paints peeling off. Some of the room windows were broken and nets torn.

Mama and Papa Edric lived here like the building wasn't scary enough. It was bending to the left side of the house and needed renovation badly but Mama and Papa Edric wouldn't agree to vacate from the building just so their children would buy a new comfortable flat for them.

"I can't leave this house." Papa Edric would stubbornly say, "it was passed down to me by my father whom also possessed it from his father..." and on and on he would boast about how his eldest son would also inherit it from him in future.

Their children had to leave it that way because it was of no use trying to convince their parents that the house was no longer good to live in.

May tore herself back to the present as she finally hovered her fist on the door in front of her. After some time, she heard Mama Edric's voice demanding whom it was at the door.

May replied, "Mama it's May."

Mama got to the door, opened it and hugged her daughter in-law. "Welcome, my daughter. It feels good to see you. Come in,"

"Where is Papa?" asked, May.

"He is at his workshop,"

"And Maryam?"

"Hmm.. That your friend.." Mama Edric snapped her fingers together repeatedly as she tried to remember his name.

"Tega?" May asked.

Mama Edric's face lightened up, "Yes! Yes him. He came earlier today, said something about taking her to the ice-cream shop."

"I see.." May only said, not sure if it was right that Tega was already winning over her daughter's heart and trust. Many things were just happening so fast between them that it became hard to think straight.

Tega was single and searching so ever since he came in contact with May at Efua's engagement party, he had made sure they never loose touch. Even if he knew she was married, the old feelings he had for her way back—which he thought had died,— stubbornly resurrected.

The way she smiles, the way she laughs, walks, talks, just everything. He saw no fault in her. For him, everything about her was simply amazing and he just couldn't help falling in love with her for the second time.

Everytime, he would seat down and wish that she was his forever.

Unfortunately for him, it wasn't exactly the case with May. Her heart belonged to another. That person whose name seems to occupy her mind everytime. Since she could hardly get that person out of her head, she decided that she needed some distractions. And distractions she got.

The several dinner they had together, the days he would take her shopping, buy her surprise and expensive gifts, shower her with love and kindness, Tega sure was a good distraction for her.