37: A WAITER'S FAULT.

Do not make yourself too available. Use absence to increase respect because scarcity gives value to a product.

—Anonymous.

.........................♥............................

C H A P T E R 37:

May stepped outside, shutting the door behind her silently. The cool night breeze welcomed her and she hugged herself. The stars far above them in the sky twinkled and the street lights shone brightly.

"What took you so long?" Tega inquired as he rushed to her side to open the car door for her. He was such a gentleman.

She sent him a warm smile as she entered. He turned around back to the driver seat.

"I didn't hear you honking the car and I was inside my room, having some tea." She lied, not wanting to bring up her ex husband's name into the picture.

"It's alright," He said as the car's engine roared to life, "You look splendid by the way." he complimented.

She looked away and smiled to herself blushing, "Thank you."

"You're welcome." He beamed.

"Uhm, don't you think I should know where we are going to this time around?" May asked.

"You'll find out." He said.

Some minutes of driving, the car came to an halt in front of an expensive eatery. May's eyes bulged out as she exclaimed, "Wow. I have never been to this place before."

"Really? I've been here like a thousand times." He proudly exaggerated. "The building is new though. Just three years old, I think."

"And whom do you come here with?" She couldn't help but ask, biting her lower lip.

"Only pretty ladies who means alot to me." He winked.

May had to smile, shake her head and roll her eyes to that, all at the same time.

"So, can we go in now?" He asked. She nodded in affirmative.

They walked into the restaurant with hands locked together. They picked a seat located at the middle of the restaurant and settled down. Try me a song by Tems was playing lowly from the speakers. Other ladies and men conversed in a low tone as they ate from their plates or drank from their cups.

The waiter with a menu approached their table to take their orders, "Welcome ma and sah to de rose restaurant."

"Thank you." May smiled at the young boy since Tega wouldn't reply him.

He smiled back. This little exchange Tega saw. It got to his nerve but he didn't show it.

The innocent looking waiter passed two menus to the people he thought were couples. Tega ticked his order and May did too before they returned the menu back to the waiter.

"Hey." Tega called before the waiter walked away, "Also get us red wine."

"Okay sah," replied the waiter then, he was out of sight.