Prologue

Today was the day.

The NFL draft.

13 years of hard work to be here. Blood, sweat, tears, and dedication. All for this.

A day filled with energy, nervousness. 

Worst case scenario, I don't get drafted.

Best Case scenario, I get drafted.

It was time. Day 1.

( 30 minutes into the Draft, Top 3 picks have been drafted.)

" What overall on now?" Dad asked, returning from getting something to drink.

" Fourth," I replied, I began to shake in nervousness, " Fourth Overall."

Before my dad could even say anything, the phone rang.

" Arlington, TX" it read. There's only one team there. The Cowboys.

" Hello?" I said answering the phone.

"Hi, is this Dakota Johnson?"

"Yes, This is she," 

"Hello, my name is Jerry Jones Owner of the Dallas Cowboys down here in Arlington, and I' m so excited to tell you that we would like to pick you up with our 4th overall pick this year."

" Oh my god," I began to cry, "Thank you so much, you seriously don't understand how much this means to me," I was sobbing at this point, "You won't regret it, I promise."

 I know I won't, I've seen you on film, and I enjoy watching you play. You're a truly talented young lady, and I'm glad you're excited to get to work."

"Thank you again so much." I said as the call ended. 

We tuned into the TV as Rodger Goodell read the Cowboys pick.

"With the fourth overall pick in the 2021 NFL draft, the Dallas Cowboys select... Dakota Johnson, Wide Reciever, Notre Dame."

Tears were streaming down my face. I had made a dream reality. My heart was racing, my brain couldn't think straight.

I made it.