Contract Signing

Dakota

It's been 4 days since my draft night, and I've arrived in Dallas to meet with Jerry Jones about my contract with the team. From what I know so far before I go and sign it, he wants me to meet up with Dak outside the "Star" as its called, and take a tour. I was excited to meet my new quarterback, but I was also excited to be reunited with Jaylon. Jaylon Smith that is. He's one of the star linebackers for the team, along with Sean Lee and Leighton Vander-Esch. Jaylon is my best friend, I've known him for a while, so being back on the same team is going to be fun.

As the driver pulled into the facility, I began to take in my surroundings. The area isn't heavily populated, and from where you were, you could see AT&T stadium. Pretty damn cool if you ask me.

When we got to the front door, I emerged from the car when I was greeted by Jerry, Stephen (Jerry's Son) and Dak. Jerry and Stephen looked professional, whereas Dak and I just wore team gear. The same team gear at that. Navy blue sweatpants, White T-Shirt with the Cowboys star on it and a white baseball cap with the star on it. Dak wore his cleats as if they pulled him from practice for a second, while I wore white Filas.

" I found my twin, boss" Dak said while opening his arms to me " Hi, how are you?" He asked while hugging me.

"I'm good how are you?"

"I'm good, another day at the office."

" Dakota, I'm so excited your here, welcome," Stephen spoke.

"No one is as excited as I am, though, I'm so happy you made it. Before we get to your contract, let's take a tour, yeah?" Jerry said while turning his heels to walk back into the building. Stephen turned to me.

"Here's your key card. This is how we sign you in every morning and verify your presence."

He hands me my card, and it's just like the ID I have at Notre Dame. It had the basic info and a sequence of numbers that was my ID number. I swiped in and I was walking behind Dak.

" This is the lobby," he stated, " This is what you will see every day. Usually, there will be a security guard here or if you catch him on a good day, Jerry will sit there."

" It's so beautiful," I stated in awe, " I can only imagine how much you guys dropped to build this thing!"

" She's a beauty, ain't she? We spent about 500 million on this practice facility, then another 2 billion on AT&T stadium. Well worth the money if you ask me. But, it's built for our players. I wanted to make sure you guys had this facility to come to and work in amazing conditions. I had this built this solely for you guys." Jerry said while admiring the interior of the building, turning back to me and Dak.

" We also have rooms assigned to each position. Every position on that field has room where they all meet and converse about on and off-field stuff. Consider it your second home." Dak added while we were turning down the hallway with the rooms. We stopped in front of a room titled " Wide Receivers". We stopped and Dak began to talk again.

" This your stomping grounds, where you will meet with the receiving corps. People like Amari, Randall, and Michael will most likely always be in here."

We walked around the facility for about an hour or so. I love it. Such a beautiful place to be able to play football. The meeting rooms are gorgeous, Overhead views of the practice field. I've never seen anything like it.

" Now that you've seen the place, how about we sign that dotted line?"

" I'd love to."

10 minutes later...