Offseason Team Activities

Dakota

I woke up a few days later breathing a calm sigh. Everything was done, all I needed to do was do my job. It was still a bit overwhelming to me that I was a professional football player. I remembered what Jerry told me that day. I picked up my phone and checked the balance in my bank account. Let me tell you, I had to refrain from screaming and waking up Jaylon.

" 15 Million Dollars..." I whispered to myself. I was already thinking of ways to use it. Should I buy my apartment? Get my car? Use it to add to my room? Use it for charity? I had so many ideas for how to spend this money.

I spent time on my phone this morning. I woke up at 5:15 am, and OTA's start at 10:00 today. The team decided to spend our first day of OTA's going bowling. It was a great team builder. It would be a bit competitive, however, I was looking forward to getting to know my new teammates. Especially the offense, since I play on that side of the ball. I decide to get up and walk around a bit. I was in this big house with Jaylon, I always knew he had this house, I've just never seen it all. So far, I know about his room, the living room, dining room, kitchen, and guest rooms. I saw a door at the end of a long hallway and I decided to open it. It revealed a sports-themed room. He had jersey's from dudes he swapped with, old school jersey's, pictures of old players, a big screen playing film, a shelf with game balls on it. It was so much to take in. 

" I see you gathered the energy to explore," Jaylon said, startling me, " You found my favorite room."

" Don't scare me like that, and yes, I decided to walk around a bit. It's 5:35, and I'm not tired."

" Well, there's a diner open right now where we could go get some food. Wanna go?"

" Of course you know food is the key to my heart" I laughed while brushing past him to go back to my room to cleanse. I took a moderately long shower, and immediately after putting unscented lotion on. I then took some body oil and put that on too. It was my favorite, Jaylon's as well. He always thought it made me smell like skittles.

I picked out my outfit for the day. 

Risky for breakfast yeah, but we're going to the bowling alley after it

Risky for breakfast yeah, but we're going to the bowling alley after it. I put on some deodorant, and put my shirt and pants on. I went over to my closet and got out my black and white checkerboard vans and slipped them on with white ankle socks. I decided to do a wash and go for my curly hair, so all I put into was a little bit of my diva curl product to enhance my curls. With a spritz of perfume, I was ready.

" Hey Jay, I'm ready!" I yelled while walking to the kitchen to grab an apple. I didn't want to eat anything more since I was going out to breakfast.

" I'm coming, one second" he shouted from his room, which was 2 doors down from my room.

I sat at the counter eating my apple when my best friend Noel calls me.