Chapter two

Cleo woke up groggily, her face sore. The swelling had gone down at least...
She sighed again, changing into a bright pink top and a pair of red leggings, her hair changing accordingly. She smiles and grabs a red bow, placing it on her head with a smile. she heads downstairs, to see her parents in the kitchen, moving about quickly. She smiles brightly at them. "hi mom, hi dad! How are you guys?"
"we're kind of busy, honey. Can you run some errands for us?" her dad hands her a list of things they need, then quickly goes back to what they were doing. "thanks sweetheart! See you when you get back! And dont forget your splat pistol!"
"Oh... Okay dad. Bye! Love you!" she hurries out the door, grabbing her splat pistol, smiling brightly as she heads to inkopolis square. Once she arrives, she begins purchasing the items that were requested.
~___[|]___~
"here you go! This should be enough right?" the store clerk nods and takes the money, dismissing her as she walked away with her purchased products.
She heads outside and sighs, walking home. She was still pondering her parents' behavior this morning. 'What did they mean, "kind of busy"? Busy with what?' she stops for a moment, before continuing onward.
She soon reaches her neighbourhood, stopping to grab and hold her splat pistol to protect herself. She continues onward, until a piece of asphault flies past her face.
"Hey inktoling! You're in for a world of hurt!" another piece of asphalt flies past.
'Oh cod, oh cod, oh cod, oh cod!' she goes into a dead sprint.
More asphalt chunks.
"hey, where are you going?" they yell. "Running off like a coward?"
She glances back, sheer terror on her face. She makes it to her door, opens it, and darts inside, slamming it closed behind her.
She sighs softly, putting her gun up and bringing her purchases into the kitchen to her parents.
When she arrived at the kitchen, her jaw dropped.
"P-Pearl?!? Marina?!? Mom, dad, why didn't you tell me?!?"
Marina looks at her, smiling brightly. "Hello! You must be cleo!" she stands and goes over to her, hugging her. "I hear you've been having some troubles."