chapter five

Ouch.
There were toiletries everywhere, she'd tripped and fallen into the bathtub, her pants had fallen off, and pearl and marina were likely gonna be in there any second.
Cleo tried to think. 'I need out of the tub first...' She began to shimmy herself so that her legs were in the tub, making it easier for her to stand. She stood up slowly, being careful to avoid falling again. She stepped out of the tub and began cleaning up the stuff she'd knocked over. Pearl and Marina were in shortly after.
"I'm sorry... i was trying to grab something and i fell..." Cleo stammered.
"It's alright. As long as you aren't hurt." Marina began helping her pick the items up.
Pearl just watched cleo carefully, a hint of traceable suspicion in her eyes. "What exactly were you trying to grab?"
Cleo pointed at a belt, mildly embarrassed. "These pants are too big..." She could see them realize she was pants-less, as they grew pale and looked away. Marina stood and grabbed the belt for her, then rushed pearl out. She slid the pants on and looped the belt, then stepped out after them.
~___[|]___~
Marina looked at cleo.
Something was different. 'I think her hair color changed'. Instead of the pink and red it had been earlier, it was now mimicking the black and blue of the training outfit she was wearing.
"What's with your do-up?" Marina winced. Pearl had noticed it too, but was much more verbal in expressing it.
Maybe too straightforward...
Cleo looked really really embarrassed now. Marina needed to change the subject.
"Hey cleo, wanna see a special private performance later?" Marina smiled nervously. Cleo looked over at her and nodded happily. Pearl protested for a moment, but stopped when marina shot her the look.
"Good. Now then, let's get to the arms shop. You still need to pick out a weapon for the splatfests!" Cleo smiled even brighter and skipped out of the room.
"Marina, what are you doing?!?" Pearl looked flustered.
"Trying to keep her happy, pearlie! She's our guest!" Marina smiled and hugged pearl. "And we need her in an open minded state, so we can teach her how to fend for herself."
"I guess you're right..." Pearl sighed, defeated. "Let's get going then..."
They then headed out after Cleo, and made their to the weapons shop.