ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

↱                                         ↰
⋆𝙏𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 ⋆
↳                                          ↲

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

y/n = your name
e/c = eye colour

𝗙𝗹𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸

"Momma! Momma!" shouted a very excited y/n, her tiny legs carrying her up the steep stairs that led to her parent's room. "Wake up!" She squealed trying to pry her tired mother from the crumpled sheets she laid asleep in. Today was a special day and after what seemed like years of waiting it was finally y/n's 6th birthday and like all children, she couldn't wait to unbox her gifts.

"Momma.." you groaned, a small pout forming on your delicate face due to the lack of attention you were getting from your mother. Deciding that you couldn't be bothered to keep this game up, with all your child-like strength you gave one final push in attempt to wake your mother,  her identical glistening e/c eyes fluttering open at the sudden impact of your palm hitting her shoulder.  "y/n... mommy's tired. Can you wake me up later instead?" she sighed, still half asleep, forcing a smile on her lips to make you feel better.  You whined slightly at the undesired answer you had obtained before uttering a small "fineeee" making sure you emphasised the e.  "Momma? Where's daddy?" you abruptly questioned realising your fathers absence from his usual spot next to your mother in bed.  "He's at work sweetheart but he'll be back later.  Now run along darling.... happy birthday." and with that you skipped downstairs deciding that it would be okay if you unwrapped some of your presents by yourself.

Peeking around the tall glass door of the living room, your e/c eyes lit up at the sight of the beautifully wrapped pile of presents that sat neatly on top of your parents favourite handmade wooden table. You could remember the day your parents received it as a gift for their anniversary from your grandmother.  Entering further you noticed pastel pink and blue balloons scattered around your normally immaculate living room along with brightly coloured pieces of confetti littered around the shiny tiled floor.  You dashed to where your presents where situated, each gift was unique and wrapped differently to the rest.  Some had expertly tied bows made from ribbon while others were lined with tissue and similar decorative items making the unknown item look so much more tempting.

Despite all that surrounded your amazed figure there was one gift that caught your eye. It consisted of a small box with a white card attached and was plain with simple pink wrapping held messily together by tape. Picking up the item up and studying it further you immediately recognised the handwriting that read out "y/n" across the envelope. It was your fathers.

Practically beaming, an incredibly cute smile lit up your face.  As expected, curiosity quickly got the better of you and you separated the gift from the card.  Like all children,  you were of course more excited by the thought of the present than the card.  Gently,  you placed it to the side so you could read it after opening the mysterious present.  Your petite fingers ripped into the thin paper which revealed a clean white box.  Without hesitating you swiftly opened it up.  It contained a glossy sliver necklace that glinted in the light that streamed through towering windows to the side of you.  Attached to the bottom was a miniature heart shaped locket with the words "family" engraved into it.  Smiling you felt a warm feeling inside at the sight of it.  Although it wasn't wrapped as neatly and wasn't decorated like the other presents you had seen so far,  you knew that your father had put a great deal of thought and kindness into it.

Taking another glance at the elegant locket you spotted a thin gap allowing it to be unlocked, doing so you gazed at the picture it held in its centre.  It was a photo of you, your mother and your father.  All of you looked so happy,  so content with life.  Delicately you slipped the now treasured necklace around your neck, letting it fall into place.