ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

↱ ↰
⋆ 𝙃𝙪𝙧𝙩 ⋆
↳ ↲

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

(In this story Todoroki gets into UA via the exam rather than recommendation.)

Sleep.  It was one of the things in life y/n treasured the most.  It was an escape, a release from her broken life.  A place she could go where there was no abuse, no fighting, no villains.  Unfortunately, y/n never got much of it.  The constant pressures of her reality wouldn't allow her to.  The constant buzzing of her alarm wouldn't either.

You flashed your tired e/c eyes open slowly before quickly shutting them again due to the sting of  bright sunlight entering them.  Next stretching your thin arms in attempt to wake yourself up, frowning at the audible click that was created whilst doing so.  Bringing you hands to your face, you rubbed your eyes gently, a small, soft yawn exiting your lips.

Maybe today would be different, you thought to yourself.  You longed for something new to appear in the uneventful life you lived but it always turned out the same: wake up, go to school, come home, train, sleep. The occasional argument with your mother too.

Pushing the warm covers off your body, you slid your idle legs off your bed down to the fluffy carpet that covered your floor. You took a deep breath and made the decision to get up. Although you're situation wasn't the best, you tried to see the positives in your life, at least you were going to school and getting an education being some of them. You had a nice friendship group at school too, you could even be called popular by some. However unlike many, your personality and overall kindness was what made people so drawn to you, always offering advice and help to those who wanted it. It was a shame life wasn't giving you anything in return for your kindness.

It had already been 10 minuets before you were fully able to wake up and get out of bed. Needing to get ready you swiftly made your way to the bathroom.

The l/n house wasn't a tidy one. Just like many of the rooms the petite, grey bathroom was no exception to the mess. Old fashioned wallpaper clung for dear life to the plaster behind, some even hanging off in places. y/n despised of the lack of care given to their home, it was her fathers after all. If she was to ever get the money to fix up the once beautiful home she promised herself she would do so. Old tiles creaked as y/n walked inside the bathroom. Bottles of used shampoo along with other hygiene products laid scattered around the mostly bare room, calling to be put away. Ignoring the obvious mess, y/n went to the sink and picked up her f/c toothbrush. Above the sink hung a simple mirror. y/n glanced at it, taking in her features slightly before looking away.

y/n was a pretty girl, even with the dark circles that lined her glossy eyes. She wouldn't believe it if someone told her, but she really was. She had long shiny hair and sparking e/c eyes. Prominent cheek bones and long eyelashes framed her delicate face with a smile that could kill.  Despite not being able to care less, you tried to keep up your appearance.  Occasionally, you wore a small amount of concealer to hide the deep coloured eye bags that had formed.  You didn't want people to worry, you already felt like enough of a burden in your own home.

Weight had never been an issue for y/n, neither her or her mother could afford to over indulge.  Constant, intense training had always kept you lean. Some could even call you a little underweight.  Although your father was a tall man, you had inherited your mother's minor height. For your age group, you stood at a petite 5"1.  You had always wished your were taller, you wanted to seem more intimidating to villains. It definitely wasn't the look you were going for.