Chapter 3: Familiar Yet Mysterious

A light knock comes from the door, causing me to wake up with a small groan left in my mouth. "Sweety?" I hear my grandmother's voice as she enters the room with a tray full of food in her hands.

Squinting my eyes as I take a glance of my grandmother before closing my eyes and sigh, feeling so tired as hell. "I'm tired Granny,  let me sleep..." I say hoarsely while snuggling with my pillow in my arms.

She goes to the night stand and puts the tray on top of it before sitting at the side of my bed. "You know, I'm worried about you, so can you tell me what happened earlier?" This time I look up at my grandmother in confusion as I furrow my eyebrows.

"What earlier?" I ask, confuse.

She frowns as she asks. "You don't remember?"

I mimick her features and look away, still processing of what she's talking about until it slowly hits me when I realize something. "Oh..." That's all I can say, leaving me speechless as I look back at my grandmother with her face full of worry.

"You remember now, so can you tell me what happened? You were unconscious and I'm so worried about you." I sigh once again as I close my eyes before looking away once again, not wanting to eye-contact with my grandmother.

But before I'm going to explain to her what happened when suddenly another realization hit me. "Wait, you said I'm unconscious... So who brought me here?" I ask frowning.

"Oh, it was a girl who brought you here. She saw you laying at the sidewalk, lifeless. She thought you were dead, but you weren't... So she helped and brought you here." She says and I'm still confuse.

"But how did she know where I live?"

She shrugs. "I don't know, she was probably your classmate or something..."

"Can you tell me what's her name then?" I ask.

She hums, probably trying to remember her name before she sighs and speaks. "Unfortunately, dear,  I forgot to ask her name. She was already gone when I was about ask her name, so..." She trails off as I just nod understandingly. "Now, can you tell me what happened?"

I can't help but taking a deep breath and sigh, knowing that I have no choice but tell her everything. "Okay, just... Promise me not to faint in front of me if I tell you what happened, okay? I know you, Granny." I give her a warning look.

She goes silent for a while as she purses her lips together. "So... Was it... Terrible?" She asks, and I can tell she's getting anxious by the way her voice shakes.

I puff. "Granny, just... Promise me..." I say and she hesitantly but slowly nods her head. "Okay, so, uh, Granny... I almost..." I suddenly pause but speak once again afterwards. "I almost, uh... I almost got crash by a 10 wheeler truck when I was on my way home."

I hear her gasp as she covers her mouth in shock of what she just hear while her eyes are open wide. "Oh my gracious..." She whispers.

I sigh, shaking my head slightly while going up into sitting position. "But Granny, don't worry, I'm fine... See?" I say as I gesture myself that I'm okay. "There's nothing to worry about, okay? And besides I'm here now." I add before giving her a reassuring smile.

She looks at me seriously. "But still, young lady, just because it didn't happened to you doesn't mean you have to be careless of your surroundings, you never know what will happened next." I can tell she's getting emotional right now the way her voice quivers. "Thank God that you're alright and not hurt, because I don't know what to do if there was something happened to you, and I don't think I could handle that..." She whimpers as she sobs hard.