Chapter 8 - Random For A Reason

As I woke up from my deep sleep, I felt sheets under me and pillow behind my head.

I don't remember sleeping in my bed.

I slid out of bed and headed towards the kitchen; still confused about where I ended up sleeping. Sleep did tend to fog the mind.

Did I get up from the couch?

I found Beetlejuice leaned against the counter, coffee mug in one hand, magazine in the other. I wasn't entirely sure that coffee was the thing he was drinking.

He looked up from the magazine, noticing my presence.

"Hey! How'd you sleep?"

I rubbed my eyes, still groggy from sleep. "Fine? I guess? I'm not sure."

I started the coffee pot, now realizing that Beetlejuice was, in fact, not drinking coffee.

"Not sure? What do you mean?" He shot me a worried glance, but quickly removed it from his face.

"Well, I slept fine. I guess I'm just confused about where I slept."

He raised an eyebrow at me, raising his coffee mug to his lips. "Meaning?"

"Well, I was pretty sure I fell asleep on the couch, but I woke up in my bed."

"Maybe you sleep walk." Beetlejuice smirked behind his mug, not saying anything more on the matter.

"Maybe."

I grabbed three coffee mugs from the cupboards and poured the same amount in each mug. I grabbed two of the mugs and headed for the attic.

I opened the door with my foot, while calling out, "Barbara? Adam?"

"Over here sweetie!" I heard Barbara's sweet voice come from around the corner and I followed her voice.

There she stood next to Adam over his model of the town.

"Morning Maitlands."

"Nice alliteration kiddo."

"Thanks Adam." I handed them each a mug, explaining to them my peculiar situation.

"Maybe Beej is right. Maybe I do sleep walk."

Barbara and Adam smiled at each other, a smirk which very much meant they knew more than they were letting on.

"What?"

"Nothing sweetheart. Maybe he is right. Maybe you sleep walk." Barbara took a sip of her coffee, most likely to stop talking about it.

"Yeah, Barbara used to do it all the time."

"ADAM!" She lightly smacked him. "Not all the time! Just when I was stressed." Adam lightly kissed her cheek.

"I'm just teasing you."

"I've never sleep-walked before though." I said, leaning against the wall.

"Maybe you have and you've never noticed." Adam said.

"I guess. Well I've got a hot cup of coffee downstairs and I've left it alone with Beej for too long. Who knows what he's done to it?" I waved bye to the Maitlands as I headed back down the stairs.

"Should we tell her?"

"Better to leave it alone, Barbara."