Chapter 5.2 (Edit)

The festival were full of Yunmeng folks and other folks from different sects as night came. The decoration with combination colour of purple, red, gold, and white made the festival look glorious and warm. But what Jiang Cheng really love about the festival were the joy on people faces made him feel like home.

Though it was one of his joy that he cherish most, Jiang Cheng can't enjoy his day as his stomach have a butterfly flying in him. Currently, he giving a tour the festival to Lan Xichen. If he is not the heir of Yunmeng Jiang, he surely will be a successful performer as he tried not to show his blush to the older person.

"Jiang Wanyin," Lan Xichen called him as Jiang Cheng briefing to him of things in each stalls they pass by.

Jiang Cheng stop and look behind him. He dumbstruck.

'Why he standing in front of jewellery stall?'

Lan Xichen was examining the jewellery in front of him. As the first Twin Jade of Gusu stood in front of the stall, Jiang Cheng couldn't help by admired the beauty of the person. Aid from the light of the festival, Lan Xichen look breath-taking than usual.

'We really are different together. I'm not fitting in his shoes,'

Sad, happy and anxious were mixed together in his heart and thoughts were filled in his mind.

"Jiang Wanyin,"

Jiang Cheng startled as Lan Xichen stood in front of him. Smile decorated at his face.

"Let's proceed our walking. You said they will be a grand performance by tonight. Shall we go there?"

"Hmmm...Sure. Let's buy some lantern for the grand performance," Jiang Cheng lead to lantern stall. He bought two lanterns; lotus and cloud shape, and few of purple and blue strings.

Both leader of Sect walked through the crowds and reached to the lake of Yunmeng. The edge of the lake were filled with people and lanterns in their hands. Jiang Cheng led far enough from the crowds.

The place he led were a scenery of several of lotus and a plenty of stars in the sky. That place were calm with the sound of crickets. Both sat next to each other on dead wood trunk. Jiang Cheng start braided five strings with blue and purple. Lan Xichen curious as he never heard Yunmeng Jiang have braided string.

"The Jiang family called it Wishing Lantern. The strings are represent our dearest wishes in our life. As for the colours, it represent of our sect. The braided strings show to have a positive, glory and happiness in our life,"

Lan Xichen amused.

"Family tradition," Jiang Cheng gave the remainder strings to Lan Xichen.

"I never knew Jiang's family have its own tradition,"

"It started when the family of Jiang had being ambushed from the enemies. The father and mother ordered their loyal followers to protect and get their only child run away from their home.

They ran until arrived to a small village of Yunmeng. They build Lotus Pier after they had agreement from the folks. As exchange to lead them because at that time they didn't have a leader among them.

But during their run and Lotus Pier had built, the heir become sad person and nearly gave her life. The loyal followers and the folks were tried to cheer her up, but it didn't change the sadness in her.

It continued until the next spring, a rogue cultivator came to Yunmeng and heard about the heir. The cultivator made a lotus lantern and brought a few of string before went to the heir residence.

The loyal followers that tried many times to cheer their leader allowed him ot meet her. The night came and in front of lake full of lotus, the rogue cultivator somehow managed to soften and lifted the sadness and introduced her the Wishing Lantern.

Since then, the lantern performance became one of tradition for Yunmeng excluded the strings as it for Jiang member only,"

The braided string were tied to the lantern.

As Jiang Cheng finished, a few of lantern slowly appeared to the sky. He gave the lantern and strings to Lan Xinchen.

"Make a wish. A wish per string. I will wait for you,"

Lan Xichen's heart blooming with smile brightly at his face. He done the strings with two white and two purple braided together before tied to the lantern.

Both of them stood next to each other before lighten and release the lanterns. The lanterns were floating to the sky as both sect leader watched it.

"May your wish come true, Lan Xichen,"

Jiang Cheng looked at Lan Xichen. Lan Xichen didn't look at Jiang Cheng as he watched the lanterns as it slowly blend to the sky. He then untied his forehead ribbon before face to face the younger man. Jiang Cheng swear his face felt burned as Lan Xichen's eyes to his for a moment.

The first Twin Jade of Gusu tied the ribbon to the younger man right wrist. He chucked as Jiang Cheng being confused.

"Please take care of my ribbon,"

'Why I have to take care of it?'

"But is the ribbon are sacred for your sect,"

"I have another ribbon in my care. Will you take care of my ribbon?"

Jiang Cheng even more confused. He only nodded. Lan Xichen's heart fill with happiness and more importantly he felt in love to Jiang Cheng even more. Even stronger than the first heart beat for younger man.

'Wait for me, A Cheng. I will make you happy and never ever alone in this lifetime and next lifetime too.

May my wish as both of us become cultivator partner will be true and bless from our sects and universe.

May our union someday will give both of us strenght to each other whenever obstacle come. That tried to separate us.

May my wish for both of us destine to be together forever.'