Chapter 6 (Edit)

Lotus Pier, Evening;

Jiang Cheng were at his study room; settling reports, letters and other things that had loaded since morning. Both of his shoulders were sore. Couldn't help it, he finished his day early since his whole body ache all over. He walked out and took a deep breath.

Jiang Cheng walked straight to the kitchen. The maids and sect disciples greeted him all the way long. They felt strange to their sect leader as he went to the kitchen.

'Is he hungry?'

All of them have a same thought.

There only chief cook at the kitchen as Jiang Cheng arrived.

"RuoXi Guma," as he called the nearly middle age lady that checking ingredients. RuoXi startled.

"A Cheng! You nearly make my heart stop," as she patted over her chest several times. Jiang Cheng smile.

RuoXi and her family had served to his family since he was young. Miracle happened as they survived from the attacked from Wen Sect at Lotus Pier with few of servants. All of them hide a bit far from Yunmeng before went back to Yunmeng as they felt safe from the Wen Sect.

All of them stayed at house or stall house that near to Lotus Pier. They went back as Jiang Cheng, his shijie, his shixiong and other survival sect disciples came back to Lotus Pier.

At first, Jiang Cheng wants to give them freedom as compensate. Like leader like servants, they stubbornly want to serve back to Jiang's family as they love them dearly.

RuoXi and Jiang's siblings were always love each other and treat like a family since their father and mother still alive. Sometimes, her children played with them. Even one of her children become sect disciple as a sign of loyal to Jiangs.

"Guma, I want to cook lotus soup and pork rib,"

"Then, I will ask Mimi to pick some of the lotus,"

Jiang Cheng shake his head.

"I want to pick and cook the lotus by myself,"

RuoXi felt strange to her sect leader.

"Please tell the others to bring their bowl in as I want to give them as well,"

"Is there any special occasion? You seem very happy this evening,"

"Nothing special. Just feel like to cook for all of us as I'm grateful that all of you are my family," Jiang Cheng hug RuoXi. RuoXi's heart ached.

As his only sister and brother died, he became colder person than she knew. She knew Jiang Cheng still love Wei Wuxian, but knowing his character, he really did not show his feeling. Thank goodness, his nephew, Jin Ling already born to the world. The only source for him to survive. The only his Jiang's family.

"I will, but ask a few sect disciples to help you. You'll going to feed hundreds of them," RuoXi said. Jiang Cheng only tighten his hug and humming.

Jin Ling blinked. Only watched his jiujiu were giving food to the servants and sect disciples.

"What are my uncle up to?" Jin Ling asked the sect disciple that greeted him.

"Sect leader order us to bring a bowl as he wants to give us some food,"

'Food,'

"Uncle, what are you doing?"

"What are you doing here, Jin Ling?! Shouldn't you have your lesson with the Jin elders," Jin Lin pouted. He crossed his arms.

"I finished early and will go night hunt with Sizhui and Jingyi," Jiang Cheng glared while giving the last sect disciple a bowl of soup.

"Have you ate?" Jin Ling shake his head. Jiang Cheng asked the nearest servant to set them a dinner and pack the soup.

Both uncle and nephew went to small dining hall that show the scenery of lake full of lotus. The sky were in orange red colour as the sun were set down. As the dinner were served, Jin Ling looked at the soup.

"Uncle, what is this?"

"Taste it," Jin Ling pouted but grab the spoon before sip the soup.

"Uncle, I didn't know you can cook. This soup are great. How did you made it?" Jiang Cheng didn't said anything. He just eat his dinner without answering the question.

Jin Ling pouted as his uncle didn't answered his question. He shrugged. He finished his dinner with Jiang Cheng with a few conversation between.

"Where do you sleep tonight?" Jin Ling blinked.

"At Gusu,"

Jiang Cheng sighed.

"Just be careful. Give it to them. It's the lotus soup with pork rib," as the servant entered the dining hall with six bottle that close with a cork.

"To whom?"

"To those people who you think will have the soup," Jiang Cheng said before shooed his nephew.

Nearby the Gusu forest:

Jin Ling met Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, Lan Xichen, Wen Ning and the married couple at the border between Yunmeng and Gusu. Before they begin their night hunt, Jin Ling passed the bottle to all of them.

"My cute nephew gave me a present. I know you love me," Wei Wuxian teased Jin Ling as Jin Ling gave the bottle to him.

"I'm not! Uncle made a load of soup today and gave it to the servants and sect disciples. These are some of it as uncle want to clear the pot,"

Wei Wuxian laughed before he open the cork. He froze as he smelled the soup. Lan Wangji felt the different from his husband. He wrapped his husband waist.

"It is good, princess! What it is called?" Jingyi asked as he sipped the soup.

"It called lotus soup with.... What does uncle said again?"

"Lotus soup with pork rib," Wei Wuxian said.

"That's it! But how did you know? I only knew during dinner,"

Wei Wuxian only laughed and felt his eyes wet.

"It's your mothercook. Our favourite food," His tears flow.