CHAPTER 1

The students were bustling in and out of the auditorium. The shutter of the cameras and laughter could be heard. It was graduation in Kiri High School in Tokyo, Japan. A girl wearing the same black sailor uniform with blue neckerchief could be seen observing the event. Her hair danced with the wind as she hummed with the school's anthem.

She is Aya Reed, 18 years old Japanese-American. Aya has long black hair, green doe eyes, high button nose, thin pink lips, fair smooth skin, slim and petite stature. Aya grew up in a poor, single-mother household. She also did not do well in school but loved painting and drawing. She could never get along with girls, while boys just want to get with her. People would always say that she was beautiful, but beautiful is just what she'll ever be.

Everything changed on the start of her last year in high school. Besides beautiful, she was also called bad names such as sl*t, b*tch or wh*re. Her locker and desk always had a pile of trash. The only person she ever liked also turned his back on her. She was alone... she became alone.Aya looked up to the sky while clutching on a bouquet of white roses. She whispered "It's time." 

She then closed her eyes and let herself fall. Aya Reed jumped from her school's rooftop on her graduation day.

Aya felt the wind against her cheeks, expecting the pain to come... but it did not arrive. Curious, she slowly opened her eyes... It was dark and cold. Faint, flickering lights from what seemed to be torches were the only light source.

Aya was laying on the ground as her eyes wandered around. She felt like she was in a medieval dungeon or something. The walls were unpainted and made of bricks. There were weird symbols beneath her and she was surrounded by people in white robes. She wondered if she was in the afterlife or if she was kidnapped by a weird cult. The people looked exhausted as she heard them gasp to catch their breaths.

A young guy that looks like he is in his 20s with long black hair, cold eyes, high nose, pale pink lips, slender and tall stature wearing the same white robes but with a golden dragon came forward. He looked a bit sickly and weak, but handsome nevertheless. The guy opened his mouth and with a cold, serious voice said, "Welcome to Ulndraia, Priestess of light. I am the Grand Magician, Rune Wyeth"

Aya paused then she abruptly stood up. She looked at them warily and intensely. She was thinking, "What the heck is Ulndraia? Are they speaking English? Priestess? Magic?" As she was having an internal panic, the guy interrupted her, "Do you not speak our language, Priestess?"

Aya shook her head nervously and asked in English, "Uhm... Mr. Rune?... Where am I? What is this 'Priestess' thing all about?"

"You have been summoned in the Kingdom of Ulndraia to be the Priestess of Light and vanquish the darkness that have been tormenting our citizens for the last 100 years." Rune, despite his words, said it apathetically.

Aya was a bit skeptical, "Wait... Are you saying I'm in another world?... No way! This is a prank, right? Or a social experiment?" Aya looked around trying to confirm her suspicions.

Rune only stared at her and turned towards the exit, "Come see for yourself."

Aya followed Rune out. They were actually in the basement of a tower. Everyone here wore white robes, but it seemed like Rune was a bit special since his have a golden dragon on it. When they arrived outside, Aya was underwhelmed. It was different from what she had imagined. It was dark and the scenery could not be seen clearly. She assumed it was currently night time.

As she observed carefully, it totally looked like they were in Medieval times. There were horse carriages, the women were in dresses and some of the men wore armors and were carrying swords.

Aya was finally convinced that she really was in another world as she saw these. Her eyes sparkled and her heart thumped in happiness as she thought, "I really am in another world. I'm saved! I'll start over and be happy... I'll finally be happy!"

Rune stopped walking, called out a carriage and got on. Aya wondered if she should follow him up as he weren't helping her up. She thought that men in Medieval times were supposed to be gentlemen.

As Aya stood there dazedly, a girl wearing the same white robes came near her. "Allow me to help you, Priestess. "Unmarried men and women are prohibited from making direct contact with the opposite sex," The girl said as she extended her hand towards Aya. Aya whispered a "thank you" before taking the girl's hand. When she got on the carriage, the girl followed her inside.

"Ah!... By the way Mr. Rune, I'm Aya Reed... so, where are we going?" Aya awkwardly said as she just realized that she hasn't introduced herself yet.

"I am escorting you to the palace. We have already informed the Royal Family. They have been expecting you." Rune answered monotonously.

Aya looked excited as she exclaimed, "Oh wow! There are even Royals here."

Aya looked outside the window as she thought, "This place really is in another world. It looks like a movie... medieval ambiance... palaces and royals..." She looked like she remembered something again as she asked, "Is there really magic here, Mr. Rune?"

Rune took a glance at her then said, "Yes... But it is very rare. Only 0.1% of the population have magic and most of them are nobles. Magic is only consists of the four basic elements, water, fire, air and earth... though most magicians are too weak to even produce a small fire ball. That is why others would rather become knights or alchemists."

Aya was about respond when the girl that have kept silent the whole ride suddenly spoke, "We have arrived at the palace, Priestess... Master Rune."